THANK GOD for PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 12:29:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  THANK GOD for PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: THANK GOD for PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE  (Read 3403 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: July 01, 2009, 11:12:54 PM »

Bingo.

I'd rather have a bureaucrat I can vote out of office than have some profit-seeking selfish pig blowhard in an office somewhere trying to kill people for a living in order to increase his margin.

KP already said this but it deserves repeating - You can't vote bureaucrats out of office.  Simple fact.

What most people fail to understand here is that the present health-care model is merely an unrationed version of what is being proposed (well, those who are proposing it may say it's not unrationed, but it will be) AND that certain types of bureaucratic/private functions will work differently in the new system (some will be more or less efficient - I'd bet on it being generally less efficient than today's horribly inefficient model, but I am not beholden to the assumption)

If folks want to continue to avoid reality, it's your business, but as we keep heading off that cliff, I'll be here to remind y'all of some sanity (which btw, is not the present system, don't get me wrong - then again, people don't really want to change the present system, I wonder why...)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies