Florida?-A 2000 Election Game(Gameplay thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:54:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Florida?-A 2000 Election Game(Gameplay thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Florida?-A 2000 Election Game(Gameplay thread)  (Read 2872 times)
Jaguar4life
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2018, 09:07:02 AM »

Bunning campaign schedule

Early October-Bunning campagined in Alaska on energy independence and real free trade and went on local Alaska television.

Mid October-Bunning campagined in Delaware on his flat tax plan, his Wall Street plan and why he is against the repeal of Glass Stegall and balancing the budget

Late October-He appeared  in Kentucky and Iowa again and campaign on campaign lobbying, small goverment and his market healthcare plan.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2018, 09:48:27 PM »

Wellstone 2000: For a new New Deal

Wellstone spent this period in Alaska, Iowa and New Hampshire, rallying poor and working class voters to his banner, as well as railing against plans to drill in the Arctic National Wildlife Reserve, saying it would ruin America's reputation on environmental issues and advocated for the signing of the Kyoto Protocol.

He also declared that he would defend Glass-Steagall, and out it in a lockbox to prevent its repeal for years to come. He also called for the White House to take on the big banks and be unafraid to call out Republicans when they are blatantly wrong.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2018, 11:41:22 PM »

Wellstone debate responses.

1) Of course I will. Glass-Steagall is up there with the Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act as the most important pieces of legislation in the history of this country has ever seen. It has prevented money and power-hungry banks from taking more money than they need and from exploiting the American people. I will fight any attempt to repeal it and should it be repealed before I take office, I will see it reinstated. That is my solemn vow to the American people; I will never see that bill consigned to the annals of history.

2) I know there is some doubt as to whether my positions can win an election, but all I say is this: in our pursuit of  moderation, we have forgotten where we came from. We're Democrats; the party of the working class. We need to resurrect that ideal. We need to rebuild the New Deal coalition, and despite what Senator Daschle says, left-wing policies are the policies of America. Our party built on the idea that everyone deserved a fair crack, regardless of their background. That is what we need to do, and that is what I will do to reconstruct our victories.

3) Absolutely not. This is political point-scoring at its worst and as Senator Daschle says, it exposes Republicans as total hypocrites. Newt Gingrich, one of these self-styled moral crusaders, had affairs as well, in addition to divorcing multiple wives. Tell me something Congressman, does the Bible not forbid divorce?

4) As I have said on the campaign trail, I will reinstate the policies of the New Deal. We must press forward with higher taxes on the wealthy and businesses, so they can pay their fair share, instead of unfairly heaping the bill for their bottom line on the middle class. I want to build a fairer America, and that is what reinstated the New Deal's Keynesian policies will do for us.

5) If I am too liberal for the Democratic party, then it shows how much the party has shifted from its ideals of the past. I represent the ideals of the New Deal in their are, and I hope those who want to see the New Deal put in place once more will support me.
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2018, 01:36:24 PM »

Bring this back
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies