As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 10:43:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 319793 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2012, 08:10:57 PM »

Bushie should join a charismatic church, not Southern Baptist.
Yes. He should form a hipster church in Kenya.

That would make an awesome premise for a weekly situation comedy.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2012, 04:34:45 PM »

So for God's sake, go experience more of the world, wanting that feeling of a new place and sensation is very important and it's a great learning experience.

Yeah, I wonder if Bushie would consider visiting one other non-Western country before deciding that the first one he visits is where he wants to spend the rest of his life.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2012, 05:33:05 AM »

And what's a Downtown, Oklahoma City?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2012, 07:27:00 AM »

She said (1) they are working on funding for a volunteer housing center near the orphanage, (2) there is a family who is starting to save up to move down there for 2 years to adopt a child,

Hopefully, they do their homework on this.  No idea if Kenya has these same issues, but this is quite the eye opening report on adoption in Ethiopia:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304811304577368243366708110.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Basically, there's something of a culture clash of expectations here, with the concepts of Western adoption being foreign to these families, they don't quite understand that putting their kids up for adoption means that you're likely permanently severing existing family ties.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2012, 03:28:29 AM »

I wasn't aware that God is in the money printing business.

God is a devoted Keynesian.  By all rights, opebo should be his biggest fan.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2012, 05:55:02 AM »

It is very possible, even close to likely, that within the next 24-96 hours, my return trip to Kenya in March 2013 will be completely PAID IN FULL!!!  That is the big fleece I put out at the very end of March 2012 when I first got home from Kenya, that my trip would be completely paid for by the first meeting this fall.  Pfffff, my God can do better than that!! I got a call last week that an anonymous donor who will not give me their name or contact information, is going to give me through a mutual friend the money for me to go again.  I am going to pick up the money at 10:00 am on Tuesday and have it deposited in my account shortly after that!

Does this happen outside of movies?

No, it happens all the time according to my email inbox.  The next step involves Bushie giving his personal information and bank account number to the anonymous donor so he can transfer the money.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2012, 03:56:39 AM »

It is very possible, even close to likely, that within the next 24-96 hours, my return trip to Kenya in March 2013 will be completely PAID IN FULL!!!  That is the big fleece I put out at the very end of March 2012 when I first got home from Kenya, that my trip would be completely paid for by the first meeting this fall.  Pfffff, my God can do better than that!! I got a call last week that an anonymous donor who will not give me their name or contact information, is going to give me through a mutual friend the money for me to go again.  I am going to pick up the money at 10:00 am on Tuesday and have it deposited in my account shortly after that!

How did this prospective "donor" become aware of your "need?"  Did you advertise or something? I am not sure what the text, "[t]hat is the big fleece I put out at the end of march 2012" means. Is this some reference to the golden fleece?

From reading the theological debate between jmfcst and Bushie several pages back, my understanding is that "fleece" has some kind of theological connotation related to asking for a sign from God.  If I'm reading that exchange correctly, then the Church of BushOK suggests that one ask God for specific signs to help one figure out what God's directions are, whereas the Church of jmfcst says that that's nonsense, and God's directions are already spelled out in the Bible.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2012, 07:04:35 AM »

I assume the money was donated by a wealthy Update fan, who wants to see this particular plotline progress.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2012, 04:26:18 AM »

I'm beginning to realize that.  However, stubborn as I am, I'm probably not going to listen to that.

No offense, but these two sentences could easily serve as your life motto.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2012, 05:25:47 PM »

I will let you in on a little secret.  Jamespol and I have good, hearty laughs when we review the daily update thread.  We talk at least once or twice a week.  Yes, he still reads the forum through this thing called the Guest account and that no one can ban him from.

Can we all talk about this please?

Which part?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2012, 12:36:50 PM »

Someone needs to convince The Professor to run a commentary in the Update Thread.  That's the only way to make it interesting again.

Bushie is applying for a new job before he starts this job?  How many of The Professor's students would apply to be in another class before they started his class?  That's not a good way to get girls.  He knows because he is a professor....

...and so on.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2012, 05:50:26 AM »

Do you have some method of defending yourself against these when you go on your next trip to Kenya?:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/lions-unafraid-of-humans-are-preying-on-dogs-in-nairobis-suburbs/story-fnb64oi6-1226382544162
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2012, 04:18:32 PM »

Wildlife don't normally make their way into the main cities on Nairobi and Kisumu.  When I go to Kenya, I will always stay in the main city and not venture out into the safari.  My goal is to have lunch, not be lunch!

You don't have to venture out into the safari.  As the article says, lions have been penetrating Nairobi's suburbs of late.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2012, 04:15:37 AM »

Bushie, if you adopted those Kenyan kids and brought them back to Oklahoma, would they be eligible for free Indian health care?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2012, 12:30:26 AM »

Why would someone living some place with hot summers like Oklahoma not own any shorts?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2012, 06:06:12 AM »

But this thread is only a fraction of the story.  Before this, there were several other updates, an "I have a new job" thread, a BushOK blog, etc.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2012, 02:36:19 AM »

I'm down 25-30 pounds from my peak of 285.0 that was hit on 14 November 2011, just two days after what likely was a minor heart attack on 12 November 2011.

You had a minor heart attack on November 12?  I just looked to see what you were posting about that day:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=1387;sa=showPosts;start=1860

You posted in the afternoon saying that you were going watch the GOP primary debate that night.  Is that what did you in?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2012, 05:22:28 AM »

those aren't their real names dude.  you shameless cultural imperialist.

You expect Bushie to post the real names of minors here on Atlas?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2012, 08:06:58 PM »

Intrade odds on Bushie converting to Mormonism within 2 years?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2012, 12:14:17 AM »

Wait, so you own a house in OK, and you're (at least initially) going to have it sit empty, with no one living there?

Also, what will your health insurance situation be in UT?  No more free Native American medicine?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2012, 01:33:06 AM »

Yeah, why not approach a rental company, and see if you can get them to rent out your OK house for you (I assume that would be a lot more manageable than handling it yourself, if you'll be in a different state)?

Also, Obamacare's provisions for pre-existing conditions haven't kicked in yet, have they?  Since you were saying that you might need surgery in the near future, is your health insurance at your new job actually going to cover that?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2012, 03:21:03 AM »

I'm considering renting the house to help with the cost, but I'm not really fond of the idea. 

Look, to be blunt here, maintaining homes in two separate states like you're suggesting is just utterly ridiculous on your salary.  You should just pick one or the other city to live in and maintain one home there.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2012, 04:59:58 AM »

What happened to the money mentioned in this dangling plot thread?:

It is official!  At 19:59 CDT Wednesday, 16 May 2012, my trip to the Republic of Kenya in March 2013 has been PAID IN FULL!!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2012, 03:29:18 AM »

I'm reminded of this post:

Same as with the Black man he supported for President four years ago, so I would suppose so. Evil

Let me clarify.  I would let him step into my home on Presidential/cordial terms, not as a Mormon trying to convert me.  The moment he starts trying to convert me, I would show him the door.

I would enjoy having President Obama in my home, because there is at least a chance he is a Christian, nobody knows for sure.  Romney is definitely not a Christian, he's a Mormon (I'm not going to get into the differences at this time).

My vote for President Romney is not about his religious beliefs, because I think he will keep them separate from public policy.  My vote for Romney is about Obama wanting to cut the military.  That turned me off real fast.  I still would not be too disappointed if Obama wins in 9 months, because he's done several pretty good things in his first term.

Bushie, you might want to avoid getting into debates with Mormons about whether or not they're really Christians.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2012, 10:23:07 PM »

Simfan--My default assumption for everyone I meet on the internet is that they're compulsive liars, and nothing they say about themselves is real.  So no, I don't believe much of what Bushie says about himself, nor what most other folks on the interwebs say about themselves, but that's OK.  Even if it's not true, you can still read it and absorb it for entertainment purposes.  I assume you did find it entertaining on some level, if you actually read through 100+ pages of Update!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies