Paradox Interactive Games Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 10:38:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Paradox Interactive Games Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Paradox Interactive Games Thread  (Read 38386 times)
diptheriadan

« on: April 06, 2018, 01:19:11 AM »

although 4 real can someone tell me who i should play to learn the game?

i kick ass in Victoria but Crusader Kings is just so difficult.

Any Irish count. Arumba's tutorial series is also really good at exploring all the game's features.
diptheriadan

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 09:12:08 PM »

Gavelkind's starting to piss me off. I keep trying to divide up my land in a specific way to ensure that my four sons get equal land and that the land they get is best for them, but it keeps changing sh**t automatically.
diptheriadan

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 04:52:39 PM »

Is there any way to slow down/stop/reverse cultural conversion.
diptheriadan

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 04:51:22 PM »

Thanks! Didn't think Paradox would have allowed that.

diptheriadan

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 03:17:40 PM »

I need to get some DLC for CK2, any suggestions outside of the character builder one which I'm already planning on getting.  It would be nice to play as the Mongolians and/or start in 866(?) instead of 1066.  And I think vanilla limited the mod choices I had, but it's been a month or so since I looked and it was just the once.  I'd look now, but I'm at work and the DoD frowns on installing Steam on thier networks for some reason.

How would CK be able to properly model a tiny country like Mongolia almost taking over the entire world? Is there some event that automatically fires in a certain year, and boosts the Mongol stats and lowers the rest of the world's stats?

Yep. I've not made it that far to know if the world's stats get lowered, but the Mongols spawn with a death stack sometime in the 12th or 13th century.
diptheriadan

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 07:18:10 PM »

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion is free on steam for the rest of the day. https://store.steampowered.com/app/204880/Sins_of_a_Solar_Empire_Rebellion/
diptheriadan

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 09:32:52 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2019, 09:38:31 PM by Governor Dip »

Bought and installed all of them* tonight. Everything's so much more colorful and there's so much more life to the game and I love it. I may also just be imagining this, but I'm pretty sure the game itself is running easier. 

*-Except Sunset Invasion, because  that.
diptheriadan

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2019, 12:46:37 PM »

Hopefully they revamp the opinion system. My idea is to split it into three categories (fear, love, & respect) to make the AI's decision making a little more complex. Regardless, the binary +/- system is outdated and nearing the end of its usefullness.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies