A National Tragedy (2011 Terrorist Attack Changes History) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:30:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  A National Tragedy (2011 Terrorist Attack Changes History) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should I continue this Timeline
It's Good, Continue

It's Alright, I guess...I don't care

It's horrible, end it.

It's pretty bad, but go ahead

It's good, but I think you should end it on a high note.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: A National Tragedy (2011 Terrorist Attack Changes History)  (Read 60791 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: February 27, 2010, 07:49:15 AM »

What is the actual delegate count at the moment?  Is there much talk of a brokered convention?  If a brokered convention was a live possibility, then I don't think Huckabee would withdraw from the race and offer an endorsement.  At most, he'd suspend his campaign and stay neutral, keeping his delegates as bargaining chips at the convention.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 12:08:54 AM »

August 23, 2012 - Senator John Thune says he would support an Indian/Israeli war against Pakistan and Iran. 

Hmmmm.....I can imagine such a scenario occurring where American politicians were saying that the US should defend India and Israel if they're attacked first, and that we need to put a lot of pressure on Iran and Pakistan, but I think most of the emphasis would be on trying to defuse the situation, so as not to lead to a nuclear war.  Even if the US was really really ticked at Pakistan, they're not going to be eager to get involved in a nuclear war.  The way you worded it, it sounds like Thune is eager for war.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 03:04:15 AM »

Thune/Bush:  286 Electoral Votes
Clinton/Nelson:  252 Electoral Votes

You forgot to account for post-2010 reapportionment.  The EVs should reflect the 2010 census.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 05:17:35 PM »

I forget, did you mention which party won a majority in the House, and who is expected to be the incoming Speaker?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 11:34:39 PM »

Good timeline so far.  A couple of questions:

1) Is the US troop presence in Iraq still large, or did the scheduled 2010/2011 withdrawal go forward as planned?  According to current agreements with Iraq, I think basically all troops are supposed to be out by the end of 2012.

2) What is the disposition of the Iraqi and Syrian governments towards Iran leading up to this crisis?  Is Syria still in Iran's political orbit?  Is Iraq still kinda close to both Iran and the US?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 05:28:05 PM »

I don't know, I kind of feel this has jumped the shark...What do you think?

No, I think it's interesting.  I'd urge you to keep going.

Just one silly question though:  The timestamps in your timeline....what timezone is that?  US Eastern time?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 05:04:50 PM »

Wait, doesn't the House Speaker automatically become president, and whoever he/she selects as VP becomes VP (w/ Senate confirmation)?

(Granted, the House could elect whoever they want as Speaker, regardless of whether she's actually a House member.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies