Conservatives, what is your most liberal aspect(s)? & vice versa (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 08:25:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Conservatives, what is your most liberal aspect(s)? & vice versa (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Conservatives, what is your most liberal aspect(s)? & vice versa  (Read 76097 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« on: November 05, 2007, 06:06:13 AM »
« edited: November 05, 2007, 06:10:47 AM by Ebowed »

I support free trade
I oppose public financing of campaigns (no way I should pay for some hate-filled conservative's run for office)
I oppose smoking bans
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 11:48:10 AM »

It was sad to see it taken down so quickly from all sides, especially because it was probably one of the two or three things I liked about the Bush administration.

Don't be fooled.  The McCain/Bush/Kennedy immigration plan was pro-business, not pro-immigrant.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 08:18:32 AM »

I support removing trade tariffs on other countries.
I oppose restrictions on tobacco products and use.  (Other than an age limit)
I oppose public financing of campaigns and am wary of campaign finance reform in general (free speech concerns).
I oppose social engineering taxes (excise taxes on legal products deemed sinful or harmful).
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 09:36:15 AM »

I support free trade
I oppose public financing of campaigns (no way I should pay for some hate-filled conservative's run for office)
I oppose smoking bans

Well, I still support free trade, but as a smoker, I can say that we will follow the law - and if it is illegal to smoke outside of a cafe or restaurant, we will not do it, which indisputably provides a safer environment for employees and patrons alike.  I believe there is a reasonable balance to strike between personal freedom and public safety, and the prohibition of smoking substances outside the privacy of ones own home is really quite fair when one considers the serious health consequences of prolonged exposure to such toxic chemicals.  It is really no different than banning the use of asbestos in the construction of buildings.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies