Gerrymandering the States (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 05:34:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Gerrymandering the States (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gerrymandering the States  (Read 19116 times)
Schmitz in 1972
Liberty
United States

« on: July 07, 2004, 05:37:46 PM »

Sounds like fun!

I would combine eastern Oregon and eastern Washington and have it be Oregon, and then combine western Oregon and western Washington and have it be Washington. This makes one heavily Republican state and one heavily Democratic state instead of two marginally Democratic states.

I would have Connecticut take in all of Rhode Island except the actual Rhode Island so as to eliminate the cruel irony of Rhode Island being mostly mainland.
What the heck, I'd just combine all of New England into one state, namely New England.

I would introduce East Dakota, West Dakota, and Central Dakota

I would take New York city and Long Island and dub it the State of Confusion. Sorry, couldn't resist!

I would add Las Vegas and Reno to California.

I would make my own county Henrico as State.

I would make DC officially part of Maryland and for that matter I'd make Delaware a part too!

I would take part of eastern Pennsylvania and declare it Old Jersey, either that or give it a cathcy name like Markervania, Chalkvania, or Crayonvania.

I would take the uninhabited northeast part of Alaska and declare it the State of Nothing

OK, this is starting to get rediculous, I'll stop now

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies