Office of the Northeast Lt. Governor (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 10:15:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of the Northeast Lt. Governor (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of the Northeast Lt. Governor  (Read 1519 times)
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« on: February 02, 2012, 08:49:56 PM »

You are?  Damn, I am too this weekend.  Who else should I get to sub for me as Speaker for the next few days?

I'll sub if that's allowed and you're okay with it.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 10:58:13 PM »

You are?  Damn, I am too this weekend.  Who else should I get to sub for me as Speaker for the next few days?

Not sure if that's legal.  Governor Snowstalker took over for me last time I left.  It's no biggie, though.

Just a suggestion; I'd love to do it for a couple days, get used to the whole procedure, etc.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 10:15:24 PM »

Not sure if that's legal.  Governor Snowstalker took over for me last time I left.  It's no biggie, though.

Just a suggestion; I'd love to do it for a couple days, get used to the whole procedure, etc.

It would be unlawful for you to do so, IIRC.

Why's that?  I would be temporarily presiding; what if it were put to a vote in the assembly?
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 10:15:57 PM »

If it's still no, it's okay, I was just trying to help out.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 11:36:37 PM »

It would be unlawful for you to do so, IIRC.

Why's that?  I would be temporarily presiding; what if it were put to a vote in the assembly?

Because our Assembly Procedure designates Assembly responsibility to the Lt. Governor, and during his abscence and/or request, the Speaker.  It's been a long running precedent that the Speaker runs the Assembly, even though the Lt. Governor could technically take over, as would be his/her right.  AFAIK, there's no provision that allows us to designate this responsibility to anyone else, except that the Governor can act as Lt. Governor will the position is vacant.  Both Governor and Speaker are away, and the Lt. Governor position is vacant , so the consensus was that we'd just "recess" for the weekend.

Hope my boggled explanation suffices, though I admit, it's pretty incoherent.  And as always, you could get the CJO's opinion, but that would require the CJO to research it or ask someone who has been here, such as myself, or Napoleon, for example Wink

I think I'll propose a constitutional amendment to resolve this for now and the future.  Do we need the speaker to propose new legislation?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies