As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 06:32:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 316870 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2012, 12:51:58 PM »

Do you have any idea what your glucose count is Bushie?  My inquiry here is more about whether you even know, as opposed to what it is.

Your doctor is not giving you the kind of advice you need to effect an actionable program by the way. You know, and I know, you are not going to be walking around Oklahoma streets 5 days a week, no matter what the weather, for 30 minutes or whatever. That is just not practical. And you need to be on a treadmill in a gym, watching your heart rate, and "jogging" up at a slight incline to protect your knees. I wonder if there is some kind of buddy system, where you can hook up with another fat, and hit the gym 3 times a week, at a specified time, to keep each other on the straight and narrow. I did that with a trainer, but that's expensive, and won't work for you, I understand. It was my trainer however, that turned me on to the morning protein drink. That is all I have for breakfast ever, absent some very special occasion. I also consume a variety of pills with it, so it serves more than one purpose. Smiley

My top BMI was around 28 by the way, and things were beginning to fall apart, but then I am an old. It is around 12 now. The fat is all gone.

No, I have no idea what the count is.  All I know when I was tested for diabetes earlier this year, it came back negative.

I disagree, I think he is giving some practical and actionable advice.  He told me to take a brisk walk for 20 minutes, enough to get my heart rate going and sweat forming and do that 4 days a week.  I will definitely be doing the walking right after I get home from work each morning.  I'll go out for 20 minutes in the 1:00 hour.  My neighborhood is a great place for walking.  I'm just going to walk up and down my street, which is only 1/4 mile long at best.  I should easily be able to go up and back down within 20-25 minutes.  I know from past experience, most of the forum is saying "I'll believe it when I see it" and for good reason, but I will do it!

Did the tribal docs let you know your blood pressure?  Exercise and knocking some weight off is great for that.  I was a mess at the start of this year but Ive managed to drop around 70lbs and stopped smoking at same time.  My BP went from a very bad 150/90 to 110/73. You shouldnt just do it because the doctor told you also but be selfish and do it for yourself. You'l have better self esteem and be more productive at work and in life in general.

Good luck.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2012, 04:43:38 PM »

I am in the 5th day of this Thanksgiving 2012 Diet.  I started at a weight of 263.8.  As of this morning, I am down to 257.  Nearly 7 pounds in just 4 days.  I've just been eating less.  Plain and simple.  I haven't developed or used a x-step program.  I've just been eating less.  That 257, puts me at a grand total of 28 pounds lost since I started my first diet on 14 November, 2011.

Just realize that this is likely around 90% water weight and you could be back up 5 lbs after a few glasses of water or a salty meal. This is why you shouldn't obsess on the scale.  Don't weigh yourself that often.  A real good judge of your progress is how your clothes fit.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2012, 10:18:06 PM »

So like what you have shingles or the piles now...? You were presumably healthy enough to tell us about going out for Mexican food but miss work for extended periods.  You just make no sense whatsoever and this fits your pattern. Didnt you also have had a heart attack but were perfectly fine enough to post on this forum without a peep.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2012, 09:39:16 PM »

Simfan going for the jugular. 

I'm quite confident that these threads are trolling and/or posting anything resembling advice to this character is 100% useless, but I think it all boils down that I like the sound of my own voice.  I dislike myself for participating in this train wreck of threads but oh well.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2012, 08:57:27 PM »

what do 'hope' and 'phelix' think about this move?

Papa was a rolling stone, Walter.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2012, 06:38:00 PM »

Haven't read this in a week or so. Anyone got the cliffnotes?

Basically, I got a promotion at work and am moving to Salt Lake City, Utah on August 18.

How long were you working at this job again?  You must have made quite an impression because wouldn't you still be under probation and not even covered by health insurance yet?

patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2012, 10:03:54 PM »

I am just waiting for the day when Bushie stops walking with a limp like Keyser Soze and gets into a car driven by Jamespol.

Well even if I have huge doubts on the sincerity of a lot posted in this thread, I wish you luck in your new path.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2012, 10:53:26 PM »

Guys you have to crawl before you can walk, walk before you can run...etc.   

Bushie, keep chipping away at it and keep making new goals once you've completed the small ones. You've already done a good job losing some weight. However, from your posts I'd recommend that you really should start exercising more and eat better than you do. You'll feel miles better and have more energy in every facet of life.  I personally got huge so I know it can be hard.  While, Ive managed to lose a lot and I still want to keep going. View it that you are rewarding yourself with exercise and good food.   And don't make some spiritual excuse: A fitter BuskOk will be able to that much more efficiently serve the lord Smiley.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2012, 06:54:58 PM »

My going theory is that Bushie never quit Oklahoma Natural Gas, but got injured on the job and went on workman's comp, and decided to start spinning these elaborate tales to serve as entertainment during his downtime for the last two years.

I would hope that that is the case.  Either that or my take that he is Keyser Soze, mastermind extraordinaire.  We all think he is the hapless Verbal Kint but it is he that is laughing at us poor fools.

Really though if this is some real life- functional people do not act like this. Hopping from one job to another or some hair brained flight of fancy, fantasy world is not helping his life. Rather than going off on the next escapade, I would hope that he reflects on things and perhaps talks things through with someone competent.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2012, 02:35:07 PM »

I would hope that that is the case.  Either that or my take that he is Keyser Soze, mastermind extraordinaire.  We all think he is the hapless Verbal Kint but it is he that is laughing at us poor fools.

Then shouldn't we, the viewers, be aware of this already? Even if everything we see seems to point the other way; for this entire thing would all be about the experience of reading an internet forum.

That is actually the good part of this thread for me.  I can't take any joy in the rather mundane misfortunes of this fellow. He needs help and guidance that this forum cannot provide- absolutely nothing wrong there either... What I do find interesting is how the thread kinda holds up the proverbial mirror.  The reactions, advice etc are telling and quite indicative of where the viewer is at the moment. For instance, here I am giving Bushie advice on weight like I'm some sort of fitness guru or something. While I have managed to just lose a tremendous amount of weight, I'm probably replying to threads mostly to reinforce myself, and with some well-intentioned advice to a stranger (Bushie) sprinkled in.  Maybe that makes some sense, maybe I'm just full of hot air...
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2012, 10:18:21 PM »

I am going to add 4 big firsts to my life tomorrow.  First off, I have never before been west of I-25.  I will do just that tomorrow morning.  Secondly, I'm going to add 3 new states to my have been in list.  Wyoming, Utah, and Idaho.  Idaho is only 57 miles north of Ogden, so I'm going to drive up and touch the southeastern corner of Idaho on I-15, by going up and back down.  It should only add an additional hour and 45 minutes to my trip.  So, I am going to leave earlier than I had planned, around 5:00 MDT.

You're truly a bizarre individual.

Hey you never know when he'll make it all the way to near Idaho again,  oh wait he plans on living right there.....

Anyway, best of luck and safe travels.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2012, 07:31:56 PM »

I look forward to going back in just 6 months!

You'll be fired.  Another job down the drain.

Naturally, I will only go if I am able to take the leave.  If not, then I will not be going.  I am not going to jeopardize this job!

Bushie, I honestly don't think you are in a position to take any unpaid leave. It is not exactly like you would need a couple days off either.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2012, 10:05:18 PM »

Well, I've got my car officially registered in Utah complete with Utah plates.  Tomorrow, I've got a nice, long day.  I found out this morning at work that they are moving us down to Salt Lake sooner than December 1.  October 15 is the new date.  I'm already looking at apartments...

Why do that so quickly?

You mean most people don't change license plates before finding a roof over their head.
How quaint:)

Congrats on the move, Jeff. Glad that you are enjoying it out there. 
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2012, 05:02:04 PM »

Inks, where is the lie exactly?  It is rather easy to bounce 15lbs in the matter of a few weeks- hell boxers and wrestlers can do this in a day.  Wasn't he in OKC when he was quoting decimal weights?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2012, 06:44:32 PM »

Inks, where is the lie exactly?  It is rather easy to bounce 15lbs in the matter of a few weeks- hell boxers and wrestlers can do this in a day.  Wasn't he in OKC when he was quoting decimal weights?

His last update was 3 weeks prior to the deadline, when he said he was 3 pounds away.  Even that is a weird number go guesstimate.  We'll find out what he fully meant when he said he was "guessing before without scales", but it's pretty hard to gain 22 pounds in 3 weeks.  The most I knew of anybody losing or gaining weight in wrestling was our heavyweight gaining 5 pounds overnight after "not eating"... that was a lie, and a loss of 6 pounds.

This is a reason why focusing solely on the scale is misguided and stupid.  You take a show like the Biggest Loser for example.  You get very fat people who eat like crap who weigh themselves after eating and drinking a bunch and after a lifetime of eating crap food.  You have them finally exercise and eat a healthy diet and many drop like 15lb-20lbs in a week. So water retention/salt will affect how much you weigh. Note that someone around Bushies weight will naturally fluctuating around 5lbs just on what time of day he weighs himself.   The body is mostly made up of water so you everyone can fluctuate. Soccer players and baseball catchers can drop like 10lbs during a game just by sweating.  Some MMA fighters can swing like 20lbs back and forth over course of a day or two.

Now with Bushie it is a classic example of a yo-yo dieter. He didnt really make a serious commitment to exercise and probably lost like 5 or maybe 10 lbs of real weight/fat with the rest being water weight.  When you start eating like crap again and are sedentary,  all of that weight comes back on real quick.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2012, 10:51:44 PM »

Interesting tidbit, despite that pizza last night, I still lost 1.5 lbs from where I was yesterday morning.  I'm not going to take that as a reason to continue eating pizza, because I know if I play with fire, I will eventually get burned.

Flawless logic there Bushie:
Drinks pint of water
gains a lb.
must be bad for your diet....
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2012, 11:05:04 PM »

His last update was 3 weeks prior to the deadline, when he said he was 3 pounds away.  Even that is a weird number go guesstimate.  We'll find out what he fully meant when he said he was "guessing before without scales", but it's pretty hard to gain 22 pounds in 3 weeks.  The most I knew of anybody losing or gaining weight in wrestling was our heavyweight gaining 5 pounds overnight after "not eating"... that was a lie, and a loss of 6 pounds.

This is a reason why focusing solely on the scale is misguided and stupid.  You take a show like the Biggest Loser for example.  You get very fat people who eat like crap who weigh themselves after eating and drinking a bunch and after a lifetime of eating crap food.  You have them finally exercise and eat a healthy diet and many drop like 15lb-20lbs in a week. So water retention/salt will affect how much you weigh. Note that someone around Bushies weight will naturally fluctuating around 5lbs just on what time of day he weighs himself.   The body is mostly made up of water so you everyone can fluctuate. Soccer players and baseball catchers can drop like 10lbs during a game just by sweating.  Some MMA fighters can swing like 20lbs back and forth over course of a day or two.

Again, your numbers for weight lost from sweat are a bit high here.  Most soccer players aren't dropping 10 lbs during a game.  If they're doing that, they're severely dehydrating themselves.

I said can lose that much weight., it is quite common to be able to manipulate your weight for an event.  There are detailed articles about how to do such things- o/c it can kill you... Bad crash diets typically work on this trick.  My overall general point is that water retention reflects how much you weigh. Thus, the scale; especially when you are using it as your sole daily metric,is not a great indicator of overall health and fitness.

As an example, People on that dopey show the Biggest loser put a lot of weight back on right away just because they are not properly hydrated.  Back in my drinking days, I could actually lose 5lbs after a bender just because I was so dehydrated- it certainly wasn't for lack of calories.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2012, 11:55:40 PM »

Jeff, I dont need to read it over again because I read the same post 3, 6 and 9 months ago. You can just replace pizza with burgers or an all you can eat buffet.  You are good at typing about  it, not so much it actual doing it.   Finish something you started.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies