Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 04:00:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 107872 times)
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« on: May 08, 2005, 09:52:25 PM »

My fight against China begins with my new resolution (not bill):

A Resolution to Condemn China

Be it resolved by the Senate here assembled;

Whereas; China has repeatedly violated human rights.

Whereas; China’s human rights violations violate their own international commitments.

Whereas; The Chinese Government condones the usage of cruel and unusual punishment for its prisoners.

Whereas; The Chinese Government continues to persecute all political ideas contrary to those of the Communist Party of the People’s Republic of China.

Whereas; The Chinese Government continues to persecute all religions.

Whereas; China persist in, despite international outcry against, its' one-child policy.

Therefore be it enacted by the Senate that; China should be condemned for its crimes against human rights.

PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 10:30:04 AM »

A Bill to Establish “Statesman Park”

Be it enacted by the Senate here assembled:

Section 1: A “Statesman Park” will be established through the Atlasian National Park System.

Section 2: The park will be established to commemorate the history of such Atlasian Statesmen, ranging from Presidents, to Senators, to Governors, to Cabinet members.

Section 3: Bronze statues will be erected to their memory as well as a plaque commemorating their achievements.

Section 4: This park will be established in Arlington, Virginia.

Section 5: Funding will come from those penalties under the Preserving Our National Parks Act.

Just another silly bill from me to keep our history remembered.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 06:33:31 PM »

I was wondering why we swear to a flag, couldn't we swear directly to the Republic... or a personal vow to me? Wink

Siege

I already tried that, called the Old Glory Act. Wink
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 05:48:15 PM »

Well I havn't caused an uproar in a while. I dontknow whether the bill's grammar or the bill's intent will cause more anger! Wink

The Atlasian Senate Term Limit Act

Section 1: All Atlasian Senators will be limited to four terms (16 months) in office.

Section 2: Any Senator which has served over four terms when this act takes effect will be allowed to serve the duration of their remaining term.

Section 3: This act will be administered by the Secretary of Forum Affairs.

Section 4: This act will take effect immediately after the Midterm Election of August 2005.

PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 06:05:05 PM »

(This is not a ruling, but my personal view.)

I feel that this bill is unconstitutional. The Senate only has the power to "determine regulations for the procedure of and the form of Senate elections." There is no constitutional authority, as far as I can see, for the Senate to set qualifications for Senate candidates.

So, I would suggest introducing it as a constitutional amendment if you wish.

I am aware of that Mr. Vice President, and it is a valid point. I feel that this does determine the form of a Senate election by stating you get four months. The only qualification is, you could argue, is that it disqualifies a Senator after serving Atlasia for 16 months. I think that point is that this is Constitutional because it gives the Senate the power to determine regulations for a Senate election.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2005, 07:19:55 PM »

The Right to Life Amendment
The following shall be added to Article VI of the Constitution as Clause 16:

16. No Atlasian person may be deprived of their right to life under the uses of abortion, euthanasia, or capital punishment.

A. The practices of abortion, euthanasia, and capital punishment will be completely outlawed by the Government of Atlasia.

B. The definitions of the terms in Clause B are as follows:
Abortion:  The termination of pregnancy and expulsion of an embryo or of a fetus that is incapable of survival.
Euthanasia:  The act or practice of ending the life of an individual suffering from a illness or an incurable condition, as by lethal injection or the suspension of extraordinary medical treatment, also referred to in this law as "assisted suicide."
Capital Punishment:  The penalty of death for the commission of a crime.

C.  Any person who violates this law by administering an abortion or an assisted suicide shall be sentenced to twenty-five years in prison; if the law is violated a second time they shall be sentenced to life inprisonment without the possibility of parole.

D.  Any regional government that continues to execute convicted criminals following the ratification of this law shall have all federal funding for roads and highways rebuked.

E.  All criminals currently sentenced to death in Atlasia are commuted to life inprisonment without the possibility of parole following the ratification of this amendment.

F.  This law will be administered by the Office of the Attorney General.

G.  This law will take effect upon its ratification by the regions.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2005, 10:21:30 AM »

Isn't this an amendment best left to the regions to decide as they see fit, rather than imposed by the federal government?
I agree. I encourage all senators to vote against this BBB (Big Brother Bill).

The regions get to vote on it. If they don't like it then their citizens can vote against it. It is an amendment.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies