Nader Effect Analysis (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 02:23:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2000 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Nader Effect Analysis (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nader Effect Analysis  (Read 9676 times)
Wakie
YaBB God

« on: December 15, 2003, 01:21:31 PM »

You can guesstimate one based off this website.  You can generally guesstimate that somewhere between 1/4 to 1/2 of Nader voters would have voted Gore if Nader.

At the 1/4 ratio, Florida goes to Gore.  This alone is enough to give Gore the Presidency.

At the 1/2 ratio Gore also picks up New Hampshire.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2003, 10:16:27 AM »

Christopher, I agree with you regarding the Ann Coulter quote ... but then again, I have no respect for her whatsoever.

I think many of the conservative commentators make excellent points, but Coulter's statements are inane at best.

GWBFan's quote of her is yet another one of Coulter's silly statements.  It fails to recognize that some swing voters actually are truer to their principals than the major political parties.

Perfect examples would be the Republican Congress's willingness to abandon the "balanced budget amendment" plank of their contract with America, and certain Democratic politicians willingness to abandon staunch environmental standards when it affects them.

Swing voters are what keep the parties honest.  Imbeciles like Coulter (who follow blindly) are what create the Stalin's and Hitler's of history.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies