SENATE BILL: Pacific Emergency Stimulus (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:55:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Pacific Emergency Stimulus (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Pacific Emergency Stimulus (Law'd)  (Read 6440 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: December 26, 2013, 08:12:11 PM »

As the Pacific Region has shown itself to be incompetent numerous times, I would prefer if the federal government specified how the money distributed in this bill would be spent. I think funding should be included for the other regions as well, as the Pacific crisis damaged the economy in each region, and if we're going to help the region that caused the crisis, we should definitely be helping those who suffered and had nothing to do with it.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 12:01:15 AM »

I think Senator Maxwell's amendment has good intentions, but is probably too complex for the Senate and wouldn't be adequately followed through.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 12:14:00 AM »

If I introduced an amendment that had the following criteria, how would folks in here respond to it?
- Distributes money to all five regions for recovery, with the majority going to the Pacific.
- Require that the four other regions submit plans to the SoIA on distribution of funds.
- Require SoIA and Pacific Governor to collaborate together on a plan for Pacific funding.

This plan would give the SoIA more responsibilities, require each region's government to "work for the money", and ensures something can actually get done in the Pacific.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 10:40:14 AM »

Aye, only because it is an improvement on the original version.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 11:56:11 PM »
« Edited: January 08, 2014, 12:56:44 PM by Senator Tmthforu94 »

An amendment:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 12:57:58 PM »

Another amendment:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I still think clause 1 can be simplified, but I want to get Oakvale's involvement taken care of first.

Also, Tyrion and Yankee - I accidentally overwrote the above amendment, so I had to redo it. Therefore, the wording may be slightly changed. To clear up any confusion, I ask Senator Tyrion to please read it again and accept it as friendly.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 10:34:51 PM »

Dumping money at the issue isn't going to work when the regional government, for better or worse, is inept and feeble. It might bring down unemployment in the short run, but such improvement will just fade completely once the money stops pumping in, and we don't need the federal government to permanently subsidize 1 region while ignoring 4 others.
^^^This is essentially my position right now. I think there are ways we can help the Pacific through tax breaks and reliefs, but even with setting restrictions on how the money is spent, how can we be assured that we're not going to be right back in this position in a few months?

Personally, my goal right now is going to be to work with Governor PJ and anyone else interested in the Pacific to find regional reforms and legislation that makes for a more job-friendly climate. While I understand this has become a federal issue, it's an issue that can be fixed at the regional level.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 02:56:18 PM »

I support the President's amendment.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 06:18:31 PM »

Would anyone else be in favor of getting rid of the committee and putting this in the hands of one person, with oversight from the Senate? Committees tend to be useless bureaucracies in Atlasia that are usually incapable of getting any actual work completed.
I wouldn't be opposed to more control - maybe a two-man committee of PJ and Oakvale?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2014, 07:02:44 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies