CNN's Crossfire to be canceled.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:56:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  CNN's Crossfire to be canceled.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: CNN's Crossfire to be canceled.  (Read 4313 times)
GLOBAL DICTATOR
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2005, 12:12:59 AM »

Well, this is upsetting news indeed. I watch Crossfire regularly. There is one bright spot here. CNN will find new hosts and it will return before the next election cycle. I enjoyed Begala and Carlson the most, Novak was good too-although he's getting a bit old and it's starting to really show.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2005, 12:17:08 AM »

Despite the marketing campaign, Fox is not fair and balanced.  Fox news is right leaning in everything it does.  Even their idiotic morning show is slanted when reporting something mundane like celebrity gossip.  All the other networks are left leaning by varying degrees.  The other networks get pissed because they are getting beat in the ratings.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2005, 12:43:02 AM »

Though I often watched Crossfire I won't miss it. It has never been the same since the change to the current format. Bill Press was a much more subtle clever questioner for the left compared to the predictable angle from Begala or Carville. Tucker Carlson was a much better fit on the Spin Room paired with Press, since his style is not well suited to a hard question interview. Pat Buchanan was a better questioner for the right than the current pair, but he was drifting in his later years on the show.

I'd love to watch the Buchanan - Press show, since it remind me of the Clinton-era pairing of the two hosts on Crossfire. Unfortunately MSNBC is no longer available on cable here.
GLOBAL DICTATOR
Rookie

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2005, 02:05:17 AM »

Though I often watched Crossfire I won't miss it. It has never been the same since the change to the current format. Bill Press was a much more subtle clever questioner for the left compared to the predictable angle from Begala or Carville. Tucker Carlson was a much better fit on the Spin Room paired with Press, since his style is not well suited to a hard question interview. Pat Buchanan was a better questioner for the right than the current pair, but he was drifting in his later years on the show.

I'd love to watch the Buchanan - Press show, since it remind me of the Clinton-era pairing of the two hosts on Crossfire. Unfortunately MSNBC is no longer available on cable here.
Bill Press was great.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2005, 02:16:27 AM »

Crossfire has sucked for a long while.  Jon Stewart is an idiot.  (I do know the producer of his show, nice guy, wife is a b*tch)  O'Reilly is the biggest bag of wind that's ever come across the airwaves.  Matthews is a egoist.

Basically, there are two political shows that I watch.  Tim Russert's Meet the Press and Brit Hume's daily political show, frankly because they are about the only two intelligent people left on television.

I will sometimes watch Joe Scarborough, if he's got interesting guests or if Pat Buchanan is hosting.  Pat's actually still one of the best talk show guys ever, always entertaining and informative.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2005, 02:28:31 AM »

This is a sad day. One of my favorite shows will be canceled soon and now Tucker Carlson, one of my favorite political commentators, has left the show. One of America's greatest political debate shows will be no more.  Sad   

The worst thing about this: I found out from the Daily Show.

Word is Carlson might get a show on MSNBC so there's some good news.

What's so bad about the Daily Show?

Well the obvious liberal bias is annoying but I don't think it's bad. Usually pretty funny. I just didn't want to hear it from them since a) it is known that Stewart really dislikes one of the hosts of Crossfire and b) I like to get serious news like that from a serious news channel.

Stewart is actually a registered independent, but yes, he does have a left-leaning bias. And he does hate Crossfire (not just one of the hosts, too.) Personally, I get a lot of news from TDS.

ROTFLMAO!

Yeah, it is pretty clear that you get your views from TDS.

You might want to consider dealing with facts instead.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2005, 02:33:52 AM »
« Edited: January 07, 2005, 02:36:52 AM by Alcon »

This is a sad day. One of my favorite shows will be canceled soon and now Tucker Carlson, one of my favorite political commentators, has left the show. One of America's greatest political debate shows will be no more.  Sad   

What's so bad about the Daily Show?

Well the obvious liberal bias is annoying but I don't think it's bad. Usually pretty funny. I just didn't want to hear it from them since a) it is known that Stewart really dislikes one of the hosts of Crossfire and b) I like to get serious news like that from a serious news channel.

Stewart is actually a registered independent, but yes, he does have a left-leaning bias. And he does hate Crossfire (not just one of the hosts, too.) Personally, I get a lot of news from TDS.

ROTFLMAO!

Yeah, it is pretty clear that you get your views from TDS.

You might want to consider dealing with facts instead.

ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 LOLZ HAHAHAHAHAHAHA WOW UR RITE THAT IS SO FUNNY I AM ROLLONG ON THE FLOOR WOW LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA UR RITE CARLHAYDEN ROFL

In all seriousness, the news I get from TDS is typically viable - if you would actually watch it, you might know that. I then take that news story and look it up online to get the non-spun version.

Anyone who knows the show knows that this is actually a good way of hearing things that fly under the headline of the news shows.

P.S. ROFLROFL UR A FUNY ONE MR HAYDEN!!!
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2005, 02:36:04 AM »

This is sad news. I've watched it ever since I was a kid (about 6 years old or so, when we first got cable). Been watching it off and on for about 20 years now.

It's never been quite the same since Michael Kinsley and Pat Buchanan quit, however. They were my favorite pairing.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2005, 11:31:37 AM »

That's actually really funny!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2005, 01:59:08 PM »

They have already taken Carlson's bio info off the site. I wonder what they plan on doing at the opening of the show today since they usually show each commentators' face and say "On the left, James Carville and Paul Begala. On the right, Robert Novak and Tucker Carlson." It's going to be sad to see it go. I loved when Carlson and Begala would go at it. I wonder who will replace him for the short period of time that the show will remain on the air.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2005, 02:46:09 PM »

Perhaps now CNN will replace it with a REAL debate show. Not just partisan bickering...
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2005, 04:45:04 PM »

Have you ever caught his PBS show?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2005, 04:56:12 PM »

Have you ever caught his PBS show?

I didn't know he had one.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2005, 05:06:43 PM »

I thought they cancelled it. Either that or it's on strange hours.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2005, 05:08:32 PM »

I thought they cancelled it. Either that or it's on strange hours.

I'm pretty sure their show on MSNBC was canceled. It was on at a really bad time, too. I think around 2 or 3 PM.
danwxman

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2005, 05:30:40 PM »

This is a sad day because Crossfire is such a legendary program....but it was literally just the Democratic and Republican talking points bouncing off each other.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2005, 05:31:59 PM »

This is a sad day because Crossfire is such a legendary program....but it was literally just the Democratic and Republican talking points bouncing off each other.
At least the audience was Democratic.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2005, 11:11:50 PM »

Crossfire too oft deluded into a pissing contest between tht e opposing sides.  I didn't see much debate or free exchange or ideas as name calling and scandal mongering.

Cross Fire had its problems no question, but at least both sides got equal time.  The same can't be said about Fox's so called debate show Hannity & Colmes where hannity controls the whole damn show
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2005, 11:13:05 PM »

Yeah that's all Carville could do: Look at the audience for reassurance after the stupid remarks he would make.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2005, 12:34:10 AM »

Yeah that's all Carville could do: Look at the audience for reassurance after the stupid remarks he would make.

He's a bit better in the office than on TV, I admit.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2005, 09:29:42 AM »

Crossfire too oft deluded into a pissing contest between tht e opposing sides.  I didn't see much debate or free exchange or ideas as name calling and scandal mongering.

Cross Fire had its problems no question, but at least both sides got equal time.  The same can't be said about Fox's so called debate show Hannity & Colmes where hannity controls the whole damn show

H&C is a much better show when Ollie North guest hosts.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies