Kasich threatens to leave GOP (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:22:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kasich threatens to leave GOP (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kasich threatens to leave GOP  (Read 3125 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« on: October 01, 2017, 08:58:10 PM »

pls leave. would be hillarious to see him become a nobody independent
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 01:47:11 PM »

Kasich is really pissing me off. If he wanted to stop Trump, he should have dropped out after the New Hampshire primary and endorsed either Rubio or Cruz. Instead, his ego wouldn't let him quit, and he played a major role in Trump winning the GOP nomination.

FWIW Kasich won Ohio; and denied the 66 delegates to Trump whilst Rubio couldn't even win Florida.

This. Kasich was definitely more electable than Rubio

And he wasn't a freaking robotic empty suit with no accomplishments.

I preferred and still do prefer Rubio to Kasich. Kasich is a jerk with no accomplishments. I'd take a robot over a jerk anyday
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 03:29:50 PM »

Kasich should become a moderate Democrat. I'd support him over Bernard or Warren.

Charlie Crist 2.0? I'll pass.
Charlie Crist is, at least, moderate. John Kasich only appears moderate because of how far right the GOP has become.

Kasich is no moderate, but I think he has somewhat moderated from his days as a Gingrichite deficit hawk.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 06:28:41 PM »

Kasich should become a moderate Democrat. I'd support him over Bernard or Warren.

Charlie Crist 2.0? I'll pass.
Charlie Crist is, at least, moderate. John Kasich only appears moderate because of how far right the GOP has become.

Kasich is no moderate, but I think he has somewhat moderated from his days as a Gingrichite deficit hawk.

I like Kasich a lot, but he was opportunistic and filled the void he saw in this past primary season.  Like most politicians, he probably has more of a "world outlook" than this iron-tight ideology, and his world outlook as absolutely more that of a Republican than a Democrat, IMO.

Hell look at any campaign speech by Kasich. He doesn't really go into policy, he just goes on long rambling folksy stories about growing up in Ohio and tells some life lesson his Dad taught him and stuff like that.

Um I went to his townhall and he was more policy orientated than any candidate  in the race

Proving his point.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 12:34:42 AM »

You see Kasich as this moderate conservative warrior, when he isn't. hes a self serving jerk, and thats how people in OHIO see him  

Do you see how easily this quote can also be applied to Rubio? You can't bash Kasich for playing the same game even if the premises of this statement are true.

You see Rubio as this conservative warrior, when he isn't. hes a self serving jerk, and thats how people in FLORIDA see him  

In comparison, at least in Texas, no one thinks Cruz isn't a "conservative warrior". Cruz has the reputation of being too much of a "warrior" if anything.

Many of us actually think of Rubio as a good person. He’s extremely nice in person and seems to be working for the good of Florida and America.

Which is also how Kasich supporters feel about Kasich.....but the idea that you think you can shame Kasich supporters for their candidate behaving in a similar fashion is absurd.

Oh and anyone who thinks Kasich is a nice person has never spent any time with John Kasich.

Yeah... seriously. Kasich is a real piece of work.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies