The Megathread for All Things Hoosier! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 09:49:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  The Megathread for All Things Hoosier! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Megathread for All Things Hoosier!  (Read 36784 times)
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« on: November 11, 2019, 11:06:41 AM »

We will win in IN-05 and I am hoping Democrats find a credible candidate for Attorney General so we can humiliate Curtis Hill when he fails to carry Hamilton County!

Also:

It appears the entire Marion County portion of IN-05 is represented by Democrats Smiley

The 2015-2019 swing map is amazing:

Basically, if you're a white Hoosier with a college degree and a piano in your house, pretty good chance you're voting Democrat as much or more than Republican now. Those voters broke massively Republican just a few cycles ago. Madness.

The GOP is bleeding suburban voters faster than the Democrats are bleeding working class voters.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 11:12:16 AM »

Here are my maps for Indianapolis City-County Council. I live in 6, and I can't believe the Democratic candidate won. I've lived here for over four years, and it came as a complete shock.

Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 01:02:34 PM »

So marion is 3 parts?
Urban minority inner middle north. Rich white parts in the north along with yuppies and south is WWC?

Bingo.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 01:10:10 PM »

So marion is 3 parts?
Urban minority inner middle north. Rich white parts in the north along with yuppies and south is WWC?

Bingo.

And if you really want an illustration in stark relief, compare the precinct map of 2008 Presidential vs 2016 Presidential. Those solid Hillary precincts were solid McCain. Meanwhile, a lot of slight Obama precincts went heavily for Trump.

I don't have figures for population change, but it can't possibly be the results of changing demographics. The big growth is by and large happening in the "donut counties." This is the result of voters flipping party affiliation. Conservative Democrats (the Bayh family) are gone. "Business" Republicans (the Dick Lugar, Greg Ballard) are endangered.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 02:14:59 PM »

So marion is 3 parts?

Bingo.

And if you really want an illustration in stark relief, compare the precinct map of 2008 Presidential vs 2016 Presidential. Those solid Hillary precincts were solid McCain. Meanwhile, a lot of slight Obama precincts went heavily for Trump.

I don't have figures for population change, but it can't possibly be the results of changing demographics. The big growth is by and large happening in the "donut counties." This is the result of voters flipping party affiliation. Conservative Democrats (the Bayh family) are gone. "Business" Republicans (the Dick Lugar, Greg Ballard) are endangered.
Do you have a precint map of 08?

Somewhere, but I can't find it at the moment. Took me forever to make, too. I'll post it as soon as I find it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies