The Super Tuesday Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 04:03:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Super Tuesday Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Super Tuesday Results Thread  (Read 37040 times)
useful idiot
YaBB God

« on: March 06, 2012, 10:19:31 PM »

If it stays the way it is, Rick Santorum will "win" Ohio, but Mitt Romney will come out with the victory.  Rick's delegate fumble will come back to bite him in the butt.

Delegates are nice, but a win is a win when you have Kansas, Alabama, and Mississippi coming up within the next week. What's always been key for him has been getting enough of a boost to overcome the number of Gingrich voters that are going to show up in these primaries. If he can bag those three states it'll make up for it and make Illinois an interesting showdown.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 10:23:33 PM »

If it stays the way it is, Rick Santorum will "win" Ohio, but Mitt Romney will come out with the victory.  Rick's delegate fumble will come back to bite him in the butt.

If the headline is "SANTORUM WINS OH" it won't matter.

I agree with you to a point because of the average voter, but delegates are what will win the nomination and, if I'm correct, other than Illinois on March 20, there are no more real big prizes until New York and Pennsylvania vote on April 24.  The momentum from March 6 will be long forgotten by April 24, and will likely be diminished by March 20.

MS, AL, and KS collectively are worth 130 delegates
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 10:26:03 PM »

If the headline is "SANTORUM WINS OH" it won't matter.

I agree with you to a point because of the average voter, but delegates are what will win the nomination and, if I'm correct, other than Illinois on March 20, there are no more real big prizes until New York and Pennsylvania vote on April 24.  The momentum from March 6 will be long forgotten by April 24, and will likely be diminished by March 20.

MS, AL, and KS collectively are worth 120 delegates

I'm talking about individual prizes, not collective.

Does it matter if it's individual or collective? Winning OH makes those states much easier for him to win, period.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 10:51:32 PM »

This is over. Shame...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies