Beefs with Hillary (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 03:41:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Beefs with Hillary (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Beefs with Hillary  (Read 1250 times)
SillyAmerican
United States

« on: February 28, 2016, 11:14:23 AM »

Beefs with Hillary Clinton? Okay, here are a few to consider:

- Lots of evidence exist that the American electorate is more than a little disappointed with the way politicians have been running the country lately. Heck, I contend that Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders are proof positive of the unrest. Hillary Clinton represents what people are tired of, seeing as how she's a career politician with big name recognition, someone who feels entitled to her frontrunner status. She is the quintessential establishment politician.

- Clinton is strongly tied to the Obama administration, and more specifically to that administration's foreign policy. While I agreed with Clinton when she said "Great nations need organizing principles, and 'Don’t do stupid stuff' is not an organizing principle" (in an article in the Atlantic written by Jeffrey Goldberg), I don't think she's done anything to show how she'd operate any differently than President Obama, and I think his foreign policy has been feckless at best.

- According to the Wall Street Journal, Wall Street has provided the largest source of campaign funds for the Clintons since 1992, with Goldman Sachs as the largest single contributor. "Clinton Inc. is going to be the most formidable fundraising operation for the Democrats in the history of the country. Period. Exclamation point." So said Rick Hohlt, a lobbyist and fundraiser for Republican Party presidential candidates. With massive speaking fees and the cozy relationship Mrs. Clinton has with Wall Street, one can't help but wonder who's calling the shots.

- Unlike her husband, Mrs. Clinton is not personable. She has no idea how to handle the press (heck, when she and Bill are out together, if someone in the press shouts a question, she ignores them, but Bill will stop to offer an answer; that sums things up). She's basically aloof, and people get the feeling she feels that she's above their petty concerns, and the feeling is not unjustified. And as a candidate, Hillary has tended to be deeply cautious, guarded and suspicious of everyone, both supporters and opponents. She is, in a word, prickly.

- A Wall Street Journal article by Kimberley A. Strassel lists the names of persons who have commuted between government jobs obtained under Clinton auspices and cushy interim jobs at the Clinton Foundation. The operations of the Clinton Foundation, both currently and when Clinton was Secretary of State, needs to be looked into.

- There's the little matter of the FBI investigation into her mail server, which I think is a much more serious matter than Mrs. Clinton is willing to admit.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies