DNC “Unity Commission” to look at reforms to nomination process for 2020 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 08:50:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  DNC “Unity Commission” to look at reforms to nomination process for 2020 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DNC “Unity Commission” to look at reforms to nomination process for 2020  (Read 10572 times)
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« on: December 10, 2017, 12:01:31 AM »

I'm all for ditching superdelegates, but I think the DNC is potentially going to reduce their number substantially without actually thinking through the fact that it's going to increase the chances of a contested convention.  Not that a contested convention would necessarily be the end of the world, but they should think carefully about how to handle such a thing happening, rather than just blunder into it by accident.

Unfortunately, there's no easy way to switch to something like instant runoff voting because, as mentioned earlier, the primaries are run by state governments, and the state governments aren't going to change their balloting procedures just because the DNC tells them to.  The DNC should think through how they would deal with a contested convention if it happens, because if they mishandle it, it could get ugly.

I could be wrong but I read that the reduced superdelegates they have left will go to who comes in first place in each of the states. There will be some superdelegates put aside for party officers, ex-presidents, and some leadership people
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies