State Legislative Elections 2004 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 08:49:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  State Legislative Elections 2004 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: State Legislative Elections 2004  (Read 8912 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: August 27, 2004, 10:05:42 AM »

PA-170:  Brendan Boyle will beat George Kenney!!!!  Sorry KeystonePhil, you'll be needing some Kleenexes for thsi one as well as Melissa Brown's finale loss.

Did you read the question Handzus? It says which state legislatures would flip. The PA Senate and PA House will be Republican for awhile. Also, the Dems always think they are putting up a strong candidate against Kenney and he wins easily. I see no difference this time.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 06:36:23 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, there are a few competitve ones out in Montgomery County as well.  Even Ellen Bard's seat could go Democrat.

Jon Fox will win there. Plus, with a Boyle win and a Shapiro win, you still don't have the House. You won't have a Dem controlled House for awhile.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2004, 07:48:01 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, there are a few competitve ones out in Montgomery County as well.  Even Ellen Bard's seat could go Democrat.

Jon Fox will win there. Plus, with a Boyle win and a Shapiro win, you still don't have the House. You won't have a Dem controlled House for awhile.

I disagree.  As someone who lives in the district, the area leans Democratic and Fox is a lot more polarizing than Shapiro, who Democrats have embraced.  This is a pickup for us in the house.

It might be a lean Dem district but Fox has a huge name ID advantage. He might not will it easily but he'll keep the seat GOP.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 03:26:07 PM »

Well first of all, that's not true. Of course it isn't nationwide news but polls are conducted for local races.

And like Philip said, if polls are "never" taken for these races, how would you know what the Libertarian chances are?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies