ND-SEN: But you are, Blanche, you are (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:38:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ND-SEN: But you are, Blanche, you are (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ND-SEN: But you are, Blanche, you are  (Read 108923 times)
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« on: February 08, 2018, 09:36:47 PM »

It will definitely be interesting to see if Heitkamp actually wins more counties than her Republican opponent this year. She could be the only red state Democrat to do so, although Manchin almost certainly will as well if he wins his race.

I can see Bob Casey possibly doing it. He's pretty popular in the rural districts of PA + his challenger is kind of a joke.

Altho PA is a purple state I guess.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 01:34:28 PM »

Cramer is a gaffe machine. He has little room to f!ck up vs a star like Heitkamp. If she can win an open seat in 2012, you bet your ass she can win as an incumbent in a blue wave year.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 02:28:15 PM »

1) Voting 100% of the time with anyone just because is a cult mentality (seems like you and the GOP are fine w/ this, lol, which is why people like me have left)

2) Cheating is a weird comparison when Trump has actually cheated on his wives.

You're a total GOP hack who would vote GOP if they punched your parents (unlike me, a swing voter who has recently voted for both parties), so it's not surprising you see no problem.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 07:26:51 PM »

Imagine if a Democratic challenger to a popular, moderate incumbent Republican Senator said that about Obama in 2014.

Yeah lets say it's a popular moderate incumbent Republican senator from Rhode Island.

Lincoln Chaffee nearly won in a dem wave year, lol.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 11:24:16 PM »

She's constantly polling within 3% of Cramer, even in polls that show Trump at 60% approval in ND (likely higher than it actually will be among the electorate in November given his approvals were a mediocre 50% in PA-18)

How is this Likely R? You know she won in 2012 as a non incumbent despite Romney winning ND by 20, right? No one expected her to win in 2012, but she is clearly an incredibly strong candidate.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 11:04:42 AM »

Why in the world are people speculating about T***p's f**king nicknames as if people actually voted based on them?

Because it's fun and is an excellent example of how immature our current President is and what a stupid time we are living in.

And how immature are we for focusing on this instead of all the ways his administration is screwing over this country (or, in this case, instead of meaningful electoral news)?

Yep! He is screwing us with a roaring economy.

Yep!  He is screwing us by ending climate change boondoggle spending.  You know I would believe you lefties were serious about climate change if you supported nuclear energy. Instead you suport all sorts of wild spending schemes.

So far, the economic growth has been exactly the same as the past.... 8 years of Obama. 2-2.3% GDP is basically the average of Obama's growth.

The reason for this is Trump has barely changed the economy at all... the tax bill is $2.3 billion a year, which is only slightly more than 1% of our 20 trillion economy. The tax cut has a... 0.1% impact on GDP, at best. So Trump has had maybe a 3% impact on the economy at best when you consider his deregulation policies (and this is being generous).

Trump has also increased government spending since Obama.

Presidents don't really have a large impact on the economy (including Obama, btw... he hardly changed anything about the economy aside from his first two years). Only FDR & LBJ had a big impact on the economy... the rest of the Presidents barely changed the economy when you look at the actual effects of their policies. Remember the media hypes up things much more than is actually seen in reality... I thought you would realize this after 70 years on this earth, but I suppose not. Economics would be a good class to take for reeducation.

Also... did you even care when the economy was under 4% GDP growth under Bill Clinton? From what I can tell, you still hated Bill even then because of bias. Don't act hollier than thou when you are just as bad as everyone else...
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2018, 01:31:58 PM »

This means she’ll probably lose reelection and she knows that. Doing the right thing over winning an election. Respect.

This. But how did she win in 2012? It has nothing to do with Obama, because he didn't come close to win the state.

I wouldn't write Heidi off at this point, but is more likely she loses than not.

Romney 20
Trump 36
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2018, 03:33:12 PM »

Heitkamp is losing because it's a Trump + 36 state where she's facing a partial incumbent who won by nearly 50 in 2016.

It's really not that complicated folks. Don't bring up Fat Pat, the New Jersey carpetbagger who lives in DC and won by only 10 in 2016.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 01:02:17 PM »

What hail mary move would you make as Heidi to try and win the election?
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2018, 05:51:07 PM »

2018 is not a blue wave because dems aren't winning in Wyoming
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies