Stop the Ignorance! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:37:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Stop the Ignorance! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Stop the Ignorance!  (Read 4845 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: May 21, 2009, 10:54:57 AM »

And Fuoud Sinoira is also the democratically elected leader of a pro-Western government. I suppose some people want him gone because he doesn't believe Israel has the right to do whatever it wants ever and carpet bomb and devestate his country.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 11:18:21 AM »

And Fuoud Sinoira is also the democratically elected leader of a pro-Western government. I suppose some people want him gone because he doesn't believe Israel has the right to do whatever it wants ever and carpet bomb and devestate his country.

This thread is about stopping ignorance, so I'd prefer not to have you in it. I know you're not interested in thinking through your choices anyway.

And there appears to be some ignorance about Sinoira with everyone trying to vote him off.

If you note too, I haven't been targeting the people you mentioned in the OP.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 02:51:17 PM »

I didn't say that he himself was a fascist, just a fascist-enabler. Like the Catholic Centre Party.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 09:56:05 PM »

Please note this:

From last time around:

Democratically elected PM of Denmark. Leaders of Tanzania, Lesotho, Zambia, Burundi, Niger, Mali and Senegal among those still on the list.

Now Mali is on his list here. As I pointed out in the thread, none of the other countries were dictatorships either.

And did he really call Siniora, a decidedly pro-Western leader, a radical Islamist?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 11:00:19 AM »

Please note this:

From last time around:

Democratically elected PM of Denmark. Leaders of Tanzania, Lesotho, Zambia, Burundi, Niger, Mali and Senegal among those still on the list.

Now Mali is on his list here. As I pointed out in the thread, none of the other countries were dictatorships either.

And did he really call Siniora, a decidedly pro-Western leader, a radical Islamist?

Look, I will ask you one more time to get out of this thread. If you were willing to be open-minded and pursue the truth of things I'd be interested, but you're not. You're simply being a jerk. I didn't know much about Mali when I made that post, but I've read up on it since. That was the entire point of this thread, in case you missed it. The people I refer to are ones I didn't know much about previously.

OK, just making that point though. If you'll notice, none of those countries are dictatorships.

Are you arguing that Denmark isn't more democratic than Tanzania? And, of course, there were other more flagrant examples in that post that you couldn't argue against so you just ignored them.

Actually no, as I said earlier, none are dictatorships. Go check, none has a Not Free Freedom House rating.

And someone who supports Hezbollah probably qualifies as something of an islamist, yes.

Hezbollah is in the parliamentary opposition bloc.

You think it is ok to kill someone for being a police-man in South Africa, so, as always, you're being an idiot.

Yes, because it's a fascist regime and the police were the repressors. Most of the police killed by the blacks were just in self-defense. Should the blacks have just lied down and accepted apartheid being imposed on them?

Once again: since the thread is about reducing ignorance I would prefer not to have your posts in it. If you want to start a thread on why everyone you don't like are fascists and how elected leaders should be spared unless they're not communists, etc, go do it. Leave this thread for those actually interested in forming educated opinions on the issues.

And I said before, I'm not the one voting off most of those people. So I'm trying to vote off the democratically-elected Harper, yes. You did it for Ortega. What's the difference?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 11:24:42 AM »

Once again, Hezbollah is in the opposition bloc to Siniora's government. Siniora's biggest benefactors are the same Western countries that proscribe Hezbollah as a terrorist organization.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 02:08:07 PM »

At one point Hezbollah had close to 70% support even among Lebanese Christians. Not good, but one has to consider the reason. Israel killed a lot more civilians than Hezbollah did (and in a largely politically motivated war by Olmert trying to save his ass and become a hero too.). That hardly makes them right, but any expression of support from the Lebanese Sunni or Christian population is hardly legitimate love of them, more like Churchill's quote "If Hitler invaded Hell I'd find something nice to say about the devil."

Anyway Sinoira was also one of the biggest advocates for dismantling the authority of Hezbollah in their de facto ruled parts of Lebanon.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 03:09:26 PM »

I don't really care about Siniora getting voted off anyway, I'm just explaining why it's not fair to call him a radical Islamist or whatever.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 12:53:06 PM »

Throwing rocks at illegitimate squatters (oops I mean settlers), or police is not taking part in a fight, at least not to a level which makes one deserving of death.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 05:13:20 PM »

Having rocks thrown at you is unpleasant obviously, but saying that doing so makes one some sort of combatant and a legitimate target for lethal force sounds pretty cold-hearted to me unless you think it's legitimate to open fire on schoolchildren doing it on a playground.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 06:31:33 PM »

Having rocks thrown at you is unpleasant obviously, but saying that doing so makes one some sort of combatant and a legitimate target for lethal force sounds pretty cold-hearted to me unless you think it's legitimate to open fire on schoolchildren doing it on a playground.

Lol. Given your idolization of violence I don't really consider your opinions on cold-heartedness very valid.

Anyway, I never said that it made someone a legitimate target. I was making a distinction.

Do you think it is cold-hearted to kill Israeli settlers then? How about their kids?

Of course it is. Just as if some CARLHAYDEN type were to do so to illegal immigrants.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 02:47:25 PM »

Cite some incidents of Israeli soldiers killed by rocks.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies