Democrats & DC? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 04:12:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Democrats & DC? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats & DC?  (Read 6653 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: June 22, 2004, 07:55:58 PM »

Drinking the Democrat Koolaid.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 08:11:47 PM »

DC's voting stats aren't really that much different from most other major cities, it just gets more attention because it's counted by itself.

It's so obvious they vote strickly by D or R. Because if they actually looked at the candidates the split would be higher like 60/40 or 65/35. But 95/5? Comeon now you know they are just voting straight party ticket.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 08:20:05 PM »

DC's voting stats aren't really that much different from most other major cities, it just gets more attention because it's counted by itself.

It's so obvious they vote strickly by D or R. Because if they actually looked at the candidates the split would be higher like 60/40 or 65/35. But 95/5? Comeon now you know they are just voting straight party ticket.

if you're talking about blacks, yes you're right, but the same is true for pretty much any other major city with a high black population. But even without the black population, DC would be as safe for the Democrats as Utah is for the Republicans. DC is safe for the Democrats because it's very culturally liberal like most major cities. The black vote is why we get massive landslides, but not neccesarily why we always carry the city. That's what nclib was trying to point out. Still Nixon probably would've won it in 1972 had it not have been for the black vote.

And that's sad really. Because even though I strongly disagree with you I believe you have the right to vote for who you like. You are showing you think for yourself.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 08:35:25 PM »

if you're talking about blacks, yes you're right, but the same is true for pretty much any other major city with a high black population. But even without the black population, DC would be as safe for the Democrats as Utah is for the Republicans. DC is safe for the Democrats because it's very culturally liberal like most major cities. The black vote is why we get massive landslides, but not neccesarily why we always carry the city. That's what nclib was trying to point out. Still Nixon probably would've won it in 1972 had it not have been for the black vote.

And that's sad really. Because even though I strongly disagree with you I believe you have the right to vote for who you like. You are showing you think for yourself.

and blacks have that right as well. they choose to vote straight ticket, which is a choice I have also made.

Yes but 95% voting one party? That shows a clear lack in train of thought.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2004, 12:19:47 AM »

Ever been to DC? Outside of the beltway, the crime is so bad there are bars on EVERYTHING. The Coke machines on the streets are literally in cages except for a small hole to get the can out.

This sh**thole is our Nation's capitol! It needs to be cleaned up, because it could be very beautifull.

I agree the Capital, outside the mall is in sorry shape.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2004, 08:27:56 AM »

I hope that adorable daughter of yours gets to see a different DC then you and I know.

They are fairing well under Democratic mayoral leadership I'd say. lol
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies