Mittens becomes more unelectable by the day: $8 million in the Cayman islands (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:37:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mittens becomes more unelectable by the day: $8 million in the Cayman islands (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mittens becomes more unelectable by the day: $8 million in the Cayman islands  (Read 3278 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: January 19, 2012, 02:02:52 AM »

Neither is burning the American flag but I doubt it helps your electability much.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 03:51:31 AM »

Romney follows the tax laws and, like everybody else, finds a way to lower his tax burden whenever possible. Nice smear job on trying to tie him into the Cayman Islands, though.

Of course, this is all too complex for people who think the world owes them a living. These type of people see Romney's wealth and think they are entitled to it. Good luck with that.

"I'm Mitt Romney and I approve this message".
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 11:44:37 AM »

Oops!

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/01/19/romney-iras-offshore-investments-helping-his-tax-bill/

Mitt Romney’s campaign has attacked an ABC News report on the candidate’s offshore investments, saying his holdings in the Cayman Islands and elsewhere have no effect on the amount he pays in U.S. taxes.

But the campaign’s assertions may be wrong or misleading. Tax experts said some of the offshore holdings are likely intended to help Mr. Romney avoid paying an obscure but hefty tax of as much as 35% on some of those investments, held in a tax-deferred retirement account.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies