DENMARK - 5 June 2019 election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:51:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  DENMARK - 5 June 2019 election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DENMARK - 5 June 2019 election  (Read 30237 times)
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« on: April 24, 2019, 06:55:03 AM »

Why have the Danish People's Party dropped so much in the polls?

New Right stealing their most radical supporters while the Social Democrats are winning back working-class women with a combination of left-wing economics and Mette Frederiksen's stricter immigration polices.   
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 05:54:56 AM »

Also, a surprisingly good result for Venstre. They got 23,5% of the vote and became the biggest party. I wonder how that happened actually. I guess they had some fairly strong candidates and the DPP meltdown along with the generally more positive vibe regarding the EU in Danmark, all helped.

I was actually really surprised by Venstre finishing first and was hoping someone would be able to explain it to me, but you seem to be as surprised as me. Tongue

Could it mean Venstre will have a better result on June 5th than polls are suggesting?
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 03:47:57 AM »

What time do the polls close at, and are there any exit polls?  How quickly do results usually come in?  Also is there a chance of an upset like Australia where the Blue Bloc pulls off a win despite almost all polls suggesting it won't.

The polls close at 8 pm, local time and there will be an Exit poll at the website of DR (Danish Public Service). If they count the ballots as fast as we do in Sweden, the results should be pretty certain around 11 pm.

The average polling lead for the Red bloc is much bigger than ALP's lead in the Australian election. An upset wouldn't be an upset if it were expected, but the Blue bloc pulling out a victory is very unlikely though they might get a better result than expected. 
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 07:33:29 AM »

Will Thulesen Dahl be able to survive as leader for Danish People's Party after they lost even more than people expected them to loose? If it was any other party the knife's would obviously be out, but the populist-right parties seem to be more lenient on their leaders.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies