Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 10:51:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 29
Author Topic: Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma  (Read 373243 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: March 05, 2010, 08:09:49 PM »

Just remember to let things take it course. don't rush anything. Smiley

Your advice is a bit late.....we've all told him that and all he does is rush.
Well I know that. but if you constantly say that he will eventually listen. I will say it over and over and over again. He will listen when he chooses to.

To this forum, though, they will ALWAYS say I am going too slow, even if I waited an entire year before engagement.  I am listening to Susan and she is listening to me and we are moving at OUR speed, not the speed of an internet forum.  People may see that as too fast, but I don't and she doesn't and other people I've talked to who's been married between 7 and 10 years say we are not moving too fast.  The mothers may think we're moving too fast, but they have a right to say that because it's their own children involved in the relationship and don't want to see them grow up and become less dependent on them.  That's just a motherly instinct, it doesn't mean we are going too fast or too slow.  Plus, we are going slower than my last relationship.  I did not propose to this girl 12 days after meeting her.
If that's your standard, good luck.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #276 on: March 05, 2010, 11:22:16 PM »

We have agreed to marry, but the reason for the delay in proposing is she wants time for it to sink in before I actually pop the question.  I don't think she'll be ready by this Easter for a proposal, which I completely understand.  She wants me to wait until this fall, I wanted to do it in April, so I'm thinking about splitting the difference and making it the Fourth of July.  I'm not going to tell her, and I'll just have to take the heat for the "suprise".  I'll just have to gauge how she is doing.  But, yeah, we've effectively agreed to marry and we're unofficially engaged, we just need a little time to let it all sink in.  Instead, we are going to go out on plenty of dates and enjoy each other's company.  The wedding planning is on the back burner simmering.  We'll stir it every once in a while, and then really start preparing it in the second half of 2010 and then serve it up hot and juicy in April 2011.  By July 4, it will have been 5 1/2 months, and I think if we keep it up this strong, she'll be ready to proceed by then.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #277 on: March 06, 2010, 01:17:10 AM »

I'm still in the camp that supports a Christmas wedding. I'm actually disappointed that it looks like it may not happen. What better than snow, eggnog and Southern Comfort, and presents?!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #278 on: March 06, 2010, 08:07:47 PM »

I'm falling in love with her more and more with each passing day.  We didn't see the movie today as we had planned since the show was sold out.  So, we just piddled and talked and browsed a Dollar Tree store near my house.

She is talking color theme with me now for the wedding as well as invitations or open seating.  We decided on invitations.  We are going to have a small wedding, but we're not going to skimp on it, either.

I am officially going to propose to her sometime in late June or early July, maybe July 4.  We don't have an "official" wedding date, yet, just April 2011.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #279 on: March 06, 2010, 11:43:30 PM »

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #280 on: March 07, 2010, 06:09:14 PM »

OK, sorry for bringing in something from another thread, but:

All the more reason why you should be more cautious about rushing into marriage with her.  Does she have depressive episodes?  Has she had one since you started dating, or have you both been on a high the whole time?  You really need to know what you're getting into.  To offer a personal anecdote, I have a good friend who, after a lengthy engagement to a woman with bipolar disorder, had the wedding called off by her just three weeks before it was scheduled to take place, because of a fight they had over money.

Of course, I'm not suggesting that this is necessarily going to happen to you.  But it seems like, by rushing into discussions of marriage with her, you're increasing the risk that your first fight is going to blow up the entire relationship.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #281 on: March 07, 2010, 08:54:35 PM »

OK, sorry for bringing in something from another thread, but:

All the more reason why you should be more cautious about rushing into marriage with her.  Does she have depressive episodes?  Has she had one since you started dating, or have you both been on a high the whole time?  You really need to know what you're getting into.  To offer a personal anecdote, I have a good friend who, after a lengthy engagement to a woman with bipolar disorder, had the wedding called off by her just three weeks before it was scheduled to take place, because of a fight they had over money.

Of course, I'm not suggesting that this is necessarily going to happen to you.  But it seems like, by rushing into discussions of marriage with her, you're increasing the risk that your first fight is going to blow up the entire relationship.

Thank you for you concern.  She has had a depressive mood since we've been together, but she snapped out of it by the next morning, so it was alright.  We've even had a minor disagreement and we both saw each other's side and I backed off a bit and everything was alright.

To address other people's earlier concerns about boredom, the conversation has dried up before and we just stayed quiet for a couple minutes and then find something else to talk about.  Sometimes we have to really reach for a conversation, but that's when we just look at each other and smile and either she will grab my hand, or I will grab hers.  Usually, the silence doesn't last long as she does like to talk.

Thanks, Morden, for your concerns about her conditions.  You had the same concerns that my mother had when she found out she was bi-polar.  That is, until she met Susan and saw her heart and her love for me.  Her attitude is a lot different now towards Susan, and for the better.  She is well-controlled on her medicine, and she never skips a dose, or her mother will club her with her cane (not literally, but figuratively).  Once in a while, her doctor likes to tweak her medicine and that sometimes makes her too hyper, and sometimes makes her sleep a lot and in a more subdued mood.  Most of the time, she's even keel, though, but I have learned what kind of mood she's in and figure it out pretty quickly after I meet her for the evening or whatever we're doing.  I am learning when to say things and when to keep things on the back burner.

The thing that all my church family and real family has noticed and really like about her is she has a real pleasant and a soft, sweet heart.  She also has a good spiritual instinct within her.  She got that from her mother.  For instance, yesterday, her mother had a lot of chest pain and stomach discomfort, and she had a feeling something was about to happen, and not anything good, either.  Lo, and behold, about midnight she got a call telling her of her aunt's passing just a few hours earlier on Saturday night.

I've had many a person tell me, most within the church and my own family, that she is good for me.  Susan's therapist and doctor has told her the same thing.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #282 on: March 07, 2010, 11:34:25 PM »

Plus, a side note, she loves Christmas just about as much as I do, so there will be two of us. Cheesy  She also loves Easter as much, if not a bit more than Christmas.

More than Christmas? That's a dealbreaker.

Not really, I love Easter, too, so it's all good!!  As far as Christmas, it's likely we'll have our tree up from Halloween clear through Valentine's Day!!

Man, to keep that wood up that long must require a pill or something.

Man loves to focus on his Christmas.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #283 on: March 09, 2010, 07:59:11 PM »

Aren't proposals supposed to be meaningful and a surprise for the girl? I've never heard of someone planning on when they will propose. What's the point if it's already been decided? Just give her the ring!

Clearly you've never seen the Sex and the City movie.

Probably because he doesn't sleep wih dudes.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #284 on: March 11, 2010, 11:36:10 PM »

We're going to get together tomorrow night and go to my cousins' and then we're going to take another swing at Alice Saturday followed by a dinner date!!  Good thing is she is not a fancy person, so I don't have to get real fancy with the dinner!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #285 on: March 12, 2010, 06:36:36 PM »

We're going to get together tomorrow night and go to my cousins' and then we're going to take another swing at Alice Saturday followed by a dinner date!!  Good thing is she is not a fancy person, so I don't have to get real fancy with the dinner!!

Well, we're not going to get together tonight and tomorrow doesn't look so good, either.  She is sick and I talked to her and she sounds sick, so I know that's all it is.  It's just as well because I am physically exhausted myself and wasn't up to a lot of activity.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #286 on: March 12, 2010, 07:28:39 PM »

Uh oh. For your sake, I hope she's just sick and this isn't the beginning of a disease that may plague this relationship.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #287 on: March 12, 2010, 07:49:52 PM »

Uh oh. For your sake, I hope she's just sick and this isn't the beginning of a disease that may plague this relationship.

No, she has had a really rough week from losing her great aunt last weekend.  She needs a rest.  Our mutual friend who knows her really well, says she is just sick and really tired more than anything.  I think give it a day or two and she'll come out of it.  Tomorrow isn't cancelled as of yet, it all depends on how she feels in the morning.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #288 on: March 12, 2010, 08:04:05 PM »

Just when you thought PG rated romance stories were a thing of the past ...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #289 on: March 13, 2010, 10:53:04 AM »

Great News!!!  She called me this morning and she feels much, much better Smiley  We are going to see Alice at 3:00 today in 3D and go to dinner afterwards.  I got smart, too, and bought the movie tickets online so we don't have any of this sold out crap that we ran into last week.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #290 on: March 13, 2010, 11:46:52 AM »

Just when you thought PG rated romance stories were a thing of the past ...

Seriously, Torie, I'd let my 5 year old nephew watch a movie of this.........
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #291 on: March 13, 2010, 03:14:11 PM »

Great News!!!  She called me this morning and she feels much, much better Smiley  We are going to see Alice at 3:00 today in 3D and go to dinner afterwards.  I got smart, too, and bought the movie tickets online so we don't have any of this sold out crap that we ran into last week.

I want to warn you. I saw Alice in IMAX last weekend, and I swear I felt like I was on some sort of hallucinogenic drug. Not a good feeling either.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #292 on: March 13, 2010, 05:24:20 PM »

I want to warn you. I saw Alice in IMAX last weekend, and I swear I felt like I was on some sort of hallucinogenic drug. Not a good feeling either.

Reviews were pretty bad too from what I'd heard. Lots of cool special effects, but otherwise an uninteresting attempt to apply the Through the Looking Glass mythology into a Lord of the Rings style battle movie.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #293 on: March 13, 2010, 08:39:31 PM »

Reviews were pretty bad too from what I'd heard. Lots of cool special effects, but otherwise an uninteresting attempt to apply the Through the Looking Glass mythology into a Lord of the Rings style battle movie.

Well, we both LOVED Alice!!  Johnny Depp did an outstanding job in the film.  Susan is into alternate fantasy worlds like that and also loves Disney (she wants to go to Disneyland for our honeymoon).

Anyway, all is well with our relationship!!  She started talking a little deeper about the wedding and honeymoon today.  I am going to take her to buy the ring next Saturday and then I'm going to put it on her finger in June.  We're starting to talk about the attendants in the wedding, basically how many bridesmaids/groomsmen.  She's already picked out her matron of honor and I have narrowed by best man down to one with an alternate in mind.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #294 on: March 13, 2010, 09:51:48 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2010, 09:53:32 PM by Lunar »

Great News!!!  She called me this morning and she feels much, much better Smiley  We are going to see Alice at 3:00 today in 3D and go to dinner afterwards.  I got smart, too, and bought the movie tickets online so we don't have any of this sold out crap that we ran into last week.

Well, we both LOVED Alice!!  Johnny Depp did an outstanding job in the film.  Susan is into alternate fantasy worlds like that and also loves Disney (she wants to go to Disneyland for our honeymoon).

Anyway, all is well with our relationship!!  She started talking a little deeper about the wedding and honeymoon today.  I am going to take her to buy the ring next Saturday and then I'm going to put it on her finger in June.  We're starting to talk about the attendants in the wedding, basically how many bridesmaids/groomsmen.  She's already picked out her matron of honor and I have narrowed by best man down to one with an alternate in mind.
This message about life acceleration is brought to you by:

Toyota....accelerate your life in every way.

We now return to scheduled programming of everyone's favorite TV Show "Oh NO!klahoma."
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #295 on: March 14, 2010, 11:43:48 AM »

Sometimes I wonder if BushOK is real.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #296 on: March 14, 2010, 08:36:30 PM »

Think he could be JSojourner in disguise?
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #297 on: March 14, 2010, 08:38:24 PM »

I've been reading, but Disneyland for a honeymoon? Why not Hawaii? Or the Bahamas?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #298 on: March 14, 2010, 09:21:25 PM »

I've been reading, but Disneyland for a honeymoon? Why not Hawaii? Or the Bahamas?

She has a brother that lives in Casa Grande, AZ and another brother near San Francisco, so we may or may not go to Disneyland, but we definitely plan to drive out to her brother in Arizona and then drive up through Arizona and California, may or may not spend a day at Disneyland, drive up to her other brother's and then drive back along I-80 through the Southern Wyoming Rockies and drop back down through Colorado and Kansas on our way back home.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #299 on: March 14, 2010, 09:25:22 PM »

Have you talked about how many kids you will have?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies