October 2019 Federalist Convention, Atlanta, GA (Results +"Short" Yankee Speech) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:25:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  October 2019 Federalist Convention, Atlanta, GA (Results +"Short" Yankee Speech) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: October 2019 Federalist Convention, Atlanta, GA (Results +"Short" Yankee Speech)  (Read 5417 times)
FairBol
United States

« on: October 25, 2019, 04:17:22 PM »

Also running for vice-chair. 
FairBol
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 05:02:44 PM »

And now, my stump speech. 

I fully agree with Chairman Yankee that we have arrived at a critical time for our party.  We find ourselves in a weakened state, and being defeated at every turn by the Left.  This must change, not only for our sake, but to ensure the survival of the game.  Let's face it, nobody wants to play a game where they lose all the time...it's not fun. 

This being the case, how do we strengthen our hand (so to speak), and make things competitive again? For inspiration, I look to the example of the Connecticut Republican Party.  Connecticut has been a Democratic stronghold for a number of years; nevertheless, the tide is starting to turn in favor of Republicans (we're very close to holding a majority in either one of the two chambers). 

That begs the question; how did this reversal of fortune happen? Simply put, the party focused on its message, and things that unite rather than divide.  I believe that we need to do the same thing; that is, preach unity instead of division, and appeal to logic and reason.  Don't just take positions on things, explain why your position is stronger than that of a Labor candidate. 

Also, we need to have a strong and organized party.  This includes coming together with our fellow "righties" who aren't Federalists per se.  If we can unite in terms of message and purpose, we will soon find ourselves in a better position.   

Yankee talks of change, and I agree that change is needed.  To make an analogy, the situation is as if we have a cut on our arm.  Now, everyone knows that you don't treat a cut by poking at it, and thereby making it worse.  You heal by putting Neosporin (sic?) on the injury, covering it with a bandage, and leaving it alone. 

Recently, it seems that we have made more than a few blunders; we're poking at the cut, so to speak.  This has weakened us, and allowed the Left to acquire power.  It's time for us to bandage up our wounds, and heal as a party.  This is what I want to do as vice-chair; preach unity, make our case, RECRUIT NEW MEMBERS, and make Federalists competitive once again.  I ask for your trust in this endeavor, and your vote. 

"We're in hell, gentlemen...(And) either we heal now, as a team, or we will die as individuals" -- Al Pacino in "Any Given Sunday"
FairBol
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 05:05:20 PM »

Here's the scene from "Any Given Sunday" that I referenced in my speech.  Apologies for the vulgarity. 
FairBol
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 05:15:44 PM »

Just an addendum. 

The clip specified talks of "fighting...back into the light".  We aren't in a good place right now...but I am willing to fight to get back to a good place.  I am willing to stand beside my fellow Federalists, and "claw with (my) fingernails" for the things we hold dear....liberty, justice, and prosperity for all.  We may not succeed in our fight....but I'm willing to walk through the fire, and enter the battle. 

That's really what life is about....what are you willing to fight for? What are you willing to do to make sure that those who come after you are free? I'll do anything and everything in my power to make things work.  I ask that you stand beside me, give me your vote, and "fight the good fight".  Thank you. 
FairBol
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 05:17:48 AM »

Mr. Chairman,

If it is in order, I nominate the following cities to host the next convention:

• Charlotte, NC
  • Norfolk, VA
  • Phoenix, AZ
FairBol
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 10:26:03 PM »

Official Ballot: