Congresswoman Eshoo is a little confused
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:36:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Congresswoman Eshoo is a little confused
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Congresswoman Eshoo is a little confused  (Read 460 times)
rob in cal
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 16, 2011, 03:05:43 PM »

This morning I listened to Congresswoman Anna Eshoo being interviewed on a local call in show.  She basically said that the top two percent of income earners in the country were the sole beneficiaries of the Bush tax cuts, and that she personally didn't recall any benefit from them.
   Now, one can certainly make a case that the super wealthy benefited a huge amount from these cuts, fair enough, but clearly middle income and upper middle income people such as Eshoo also benefited as her tax rate went down too, with some of her money that used to be taxed at 15% going to 10%, and most significantly her old 28% rate (most of her taxable income I'm guessing) going to 25 %.  How I wish I could have enlightened her, but alas I was doing my lunch deliveries.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 03:14:31 PM »

Bless you.
Link
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 03:21:13 PM »

This morning I listened to Congresswoman Anna Eshoo being interviewed on a local call in show.  She basically said that the top two percent of income earners in the country were the sole beneficiaries of the Bush tax cuts, and that she personally didn't recall any benefit from them.
   Now, one can certainly make a case that the super wealthy benefited a huge amount from these cuts, fair enough, but clearly middle income and upper middle income people such as Eshoo also benefited as her tax rate went down too, with some of her money that used to be taxed at 15% going to 10%, and most significantly her old 28% rate (most of her taxable income I'm guessing) going to 25 %.  How I wish I could have enlightened her, but alas I was doing my lunch deliveries.

Link... or transcript please.
rob in cal
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 04:50:13 PM »

It was on the Ron Owen's show on KGO, she made her comments about not personally benefiting from them about 11:55.   Can't find a KGO link of actual shows.
Eshoo also mentioned her son's family which made a good living (I think somewhere around 200k a year), and that she didn't think people in that income category should see their taxes raised, just those at a higher, unspecified level.
    Doing deliveries, I get to listen to all kinds of radio shows during lunch and dinner hours, and I like to mix it up, a little NPR, a little sports, a little John Bachelor (I like his guests and the overall attitude of imminent dramatic world events about to happen), a little Dave Ramsey,  then maybe back to the Giants game.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 05:07:04 PM »

Yeah. I may save $10/pay period in taxes. And the gov't is having to cut back on critical stuff, particularly things our parents/grandparents rely on, to compensate. I've benefitted so much..... Obviously, tax cuts are for richers.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 11:01:30 PM »

It was on the Ron Owen's show on KGO, she made her comments about not personally benefiting from them about 11:55.   Can't find a KGO link of actual shows.
Eshoo also mentioned her son's family which made a good living (I think somewhere around 200k a year), and that she didn't think people in that income category should see their taxes raised, just those at a higher, unspecified level.
    Doing deliveries, I get to listen to all kinds of radio shows during lunch and dinner hours, and I like to mix it up, a little NPR, a little sports, a little John Bachelor (I like his guests and the overall attitude of imminent dramatic world events about to happen), a little Dave Ramsey,  then maybe back to the Giants game.

Of course, listening to the Giants hasn't exactly been fun of late.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 01:10:44 PM »

Anyone who makes this claim should release their 2000 and 2003 tax returns.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies