Spanish abandon Christianity (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 07:05:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Spanish abandon Christianity (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Spanish abandon Christianity  (Read 6688 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: September 25, 2004, 05:27:43 PM »

Good for them.  It may not be as bad as Islam, but they're much better off without Catholicism.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 12:38:07 AM »

Good for them.  It may not be as bad as Islam, but they're much better off without Catholicism.

Anti-Christian bigotry. Not that I care, it's just pathetic.

LOL. Better off without Catholicism...

Its not bigotry - I just disagree with religion like I disagree with some ideologies.  Its like disliking/fearing communists (only of course religion is more dangerous).
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 12:51:16 AM »

Its not bigotry - I just disagree with religion like I disagree with some ideologies.  Its like disliking/fearing communists (only of course religion is more dangerous).

Why do you say that? Communism practically is a religion.

I disagree with communists (and leftists in general), but I understand how their minds work - they seem to use reason.  Religion I just don't get at all.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 01:21:23 AM »

I disagree with communists (and leftists in general), but I understand how their minds work - they seem to use reason.  Religion I just don't get at all.

What's unreasonable about Catholicism?

The faith part, of course.  By definition.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2004, 01:33:18 AM »

Obviously, but what specifically is unreasonable?

Faith, just as I said.  The antithesis of Reason.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2004, 08:14:23 PM »

Obviously, but what specifically is unreasonable?

Faith, just as I said.  The antithesis of Reason.

Please explain your position. I don't see how faith is the antithesis of reason. Christians, at least, don't follow faith against reason, but faith above reason.

Faith is by definition unreasonable.  You just believe in something arbitrarily, for no reason - or anyway because you want to.  Pretty silly eh?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies