GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:10:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Who will Brian Kemp appoint as Johnny Isakson’s successor?
Nathan Deal

Casey Cagle

Geoff Duncan

Brad Raffensperger

Chris Carr

Karen Handel

Rob Woodall

Doug Collins

Austin Scott

Drew Ferguson

Nick Ayers

Buddy Carter

Barry Loudermilk

Tom Price

Newt Gingrich

Jody Hice

Saxby Chambliss

Hunter Hill

Rick Allen

Brian Kemp

Tom Graves

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 117

Author Topic: GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last  (Read 81594 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2020, 09:17:24 PM »

Whew. I hate this man!
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2020, 01:11:03 PM »

Lieberman was really like “Georgia is the second Blackest state in America so let me *check notes* disrespectfully refer to the first Black President as “44” and say that Georgia’s first Black Senator will be “owned” by powerful groups if elected.”
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2020, 07:35:21 PM »

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2020, 01:48:57 PM »

I mean, you have to get to the runoff before you can win it, but all this "most conservative Senator" nonsense seems like it would be laying poor groundwork for January.

This. She may be doing it to help her now but I can't imagine any of this is going to help in January.
Runoffs in georgia are well known, and have been for a while, to be far whiter and far more Republican than the general elections. Unless black turnout can be motivated to turn out in the runoff, its basically a foregone conclusion
John Barrow and Lindy Miller got 48 percent in a low turnout run off for down ballot offices. This isn't 2008. Jim Martin ran away from Obama and neglected the Black base. Warnock is backed by Abrams and will CERTAINLY outrun historical Dem margins in Cobb, Gwinnett, Forsyth, Cherokee, Henry, Fayette, etc
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2020, 08:05:05 AM »

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2020, 12:09:34 PM »

I mean, you have to get to the runoff before you can win it, but all this "most conservative Senator" nonsense seems like it would be laying poor groundwork for January.

This. She may be doing it to help her now but I can't imagine any of this is going to help in January.
Runoffs in georgia are well known, and have been for a while, to be far whiter and far more Republican than the general elections. Unless black turnout can be motivated to turn out in the runoff, its basically a foregone conclusion
John Barrow and Lindy Miller got 48 percent in a low turnout run off for down ballot offices. This isn't 2008. Jim Martin ran away from Obama and neglected the Black base. Warnock is backed by Abrams and will CERTAINLY outrun historical Dem margins in Cobb, Gwinnett, Forsyth, Cherokee, Henry, Fayette, etc

The million dollar question is, will they come back for the run off

Money, attention, and enthusiasm will not be an issue for Democrats. If Biden wins and has a trifecta, there will still be the stench of Trump around the Republican and a Democratic trifecta will not have even had a chance to govern by January5. Trump will literally still be the president and God knows what kind of chaos and confusion he’ll be up to. Warnock is going to be extremely formidable and I can’t wait until we have our run off match up settled so we can start putting in work.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2020, 02:47:35 PM »

God I hope Warnock can get up to 50% because I really don't think we can win any runoff scenario
It has been explained over and over again how and why a runoff would be a tossup.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2020, 11:12:04 AM »

It's funny how Loeffler was supposed to bring suburban white ladies back to the GOP but she will probably accelerate Dem trends more than Collins if she makes the runoff.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2020, 10:22:56 PM »

Were either of those runoff elections? Theoretically, if Ossoff gets 50%+ but Warnock doesn't, Loeffler might be at an advantage in January.
Again, a toss-up remains a toss-up.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies