Future of the California GOP in Gubernatorial Elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 05:28:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Future of the California GOP in Gubernatorial Elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Future of the California GOP in Gubernatorial Elections  (Read 2631 times)
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« on: January 21, 2019, 09:35:51 AM »

I'm new to the Atlas Community, and am a self described political scientist, and I have a question that I think I already know the answer to but just want everyone's opinions, but should the California GOP take a socially liberal and fiscally conservative (so more libertarian) approach to politics to become relevant again, or are they already dead and a new party needs to take it's place? I think I posted in the right category.

The best foot forward is in races where 2 Democrats run, they form a unit and the discipline to vote for just one candidate, and convince their supporters they need to actually vote in the gubernatorial race. If they could do that, they're kingmakers and would force the 2 Democrats to come right to appeal to their voters which would be a largest voting bloc up for grabs. The Democratic Party voters in that scenario are more or less split, and you can't really encourage voting discipline in independent voters. But if you could in theory get all the Republicans in the state to vote for one Democratic candidate over the other, it'd be mighty hard for that candidate to lose.

There's some education that needs to take place of the California Republican Party telling Republican voters they must vote in every single race for the candidate that perceive is more Republican issues-friendly, even if no one has an R next to their name.

As far as "is the party dead?", someone needs to actually form these new parties and they need to get votes. The Democratic Party in my state for example is dead. There are large openings in places like California and Indiana and other states for people to form these new parties. No one has actually done so yet.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies