Office of NE Speaker Alfred F. Jones: At Least Now I Won't Be Bothering Yankee (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:59:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of NE Speaker Alfred F. Jones: At Least Now I Won't Be Bothering Yankee (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of NE Speaker Alfred F. Jones: At Least Now I Won't Be Bothering Yankee  (Read 6620 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: April 01, 2012, 02:10:08 PM »

Thanks! Now:

Immigration

I fully support any and all immigration. If foreigners want a better life and believe that Atlasia is the way to go so that they can achieve that life, then that's something that we as a nation should be proud of. The Atlasian Dream is the essence of our nation, and a poor immigrant from a war-torn country seeking refuge and a place to live happily ever after is one of the clearest examples of that dream. If someone enters the country illegally, then I believe that they should first and foremost be granted citizenship, but there should be consequences. However, these consequences should not be so harsh that they discourage immigration.

Do you think that there has to necessarily be some limit on immigration levels based on either economic or social considerations, that could adversly affect the immigrants themselves even if not considered?

Also you say that you are concerned that any consquences might discourage, are you saying illegal immigration shouldn't be discouraged or that you are concerned that legal immigrants will be discouraged from coming based on how illegal immigrants are dealt with?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 03:35:52 PM »

Do you think that there has to necessarily be some limit on immigration levels based on either economic or social considerations, that could adversly affect the immigrants themselves even if not considered?
As in stuff like discrimination, etc.?
Also you say that you are concerned that any consquences might discourage, are you saying illegal immigration shouldn't be discouraged or that you are concerned that legal immigrants will be discouraged from coming based on how illegal immigrants are dealt with?
Legal immigrants.

I tend to focus on the economic side effects, but others would be relevant also. I am basically asking if you think there is a threshold beyond which, immigration should be restricted as necessited by some reality, unfortunate or otherwise.  Discrimination against immigrants is a concern, but I don't see it as the type of limiting constraint I have in mind. From an economic standpoint for instance, a sudden influx beyond a certain level (determined by the factors in play at the time) could cause wages to fall and thus hurt the poor both immigrant and native resident. With this in mind, I am trying to see if you support any limits or think it should be completely unlimited.

What would you consider to be an enforcement mechanism against illegals that would discourage legal immigration?   

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies