Arpaio won't run (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 09:11:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Arpaio won't run (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Arpaio won't run  (Read 6407 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: May 03, 2010, 08:48:58 PM »

I heard him say something similar in 2007 on a C-Span clip. He said "I could be Governor if I wanted to, I can arrest the Governor right now, I don't need to be Governor to have power". 
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 08:48:28 AM »

Is Arpaio really that popular in Maricopa County?
Huh

Yes he is. Americans in general love law and order type people. Even in many swing and liberal areas.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 09:02:51 AM »

I can't think of any politician in the US closer to being a fascist than Joe Arpaio.

I would respectfully disagree with my German friend. He merely does what everyone else is too afriad to do, his job. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 05:30:37 PM »

I can't think of any politician in the US closer to being a fascist than Joe Arpaio.

I would respectfully disagree with my German friend. He merely does what everyone else is too afriad to do, his job. Tongue

Does his job really include forcing inmates to wear pink underwear, to live in a tent city....and blatantly discriminatory methods of policing? Smiley

1. The tent city and pink underwear are brilliant idea. Makes you want to stay out of jail.

2. So far, there hasn't been a single incident of discrimination and all these the lawsuits have gone nowhere. The reason he is so despised by liberals and left leaning indies such as yourself is somewhere he got the notion to rock the boat and you don't like it. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies