More likely to flip? IA or CO? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 06:45:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  More likely to flip? IA or CO? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Iowa (from R to D)

Colorado (from D to R)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 99

Author Topic: More likely to flip? IA or CO?  (Read 1149 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 13, 2019, 06:49:48 PM »

Colorado is long gone for the Republicans due to demographic change (fast-growing Mexican-American vote, lots of educated people moving from California, stagnant rural population). Iowa can get hard by anything that hurts rural America because it is one state particularly connected to agribusiness.

I look at the House vote statewide in Iowa, and I don't see a state swinging rapidly R. I see Iowa close to the national average, maybe slightly R (R+2?).

What keeps me from being a hack on this is that I see Donald Trump is an unmitigated disaster as President. Iowa would be voting for a second term of someone like Jeb Bush or Scott Walker. I see the Democratic nominee getting around 300 electoral votes or 375-425 electoral votes this time because Trump is in the area in which he makes things close or gambles and loses. (Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, and Ohio are going to vote together either for or against Trump).     
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 01:05:15 PM »

Iowa. It voted majority D in the overall election of House members in 2018, suggesting that Iowa can revert to its pre-2014 pattern as a legitimate swing state.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies