turnout reports, voting problems, and last minute dirty tricks (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:10:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  turnout reports, voting problems, and last minute dirty tricks (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: turnout reports, voting problems, and last minute dirty tricks  (Read 8103 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: November 04, 2008, 12:32:32 PM »

We're at a little over 300 in my division. We have 1,025 registered voters. This is insane turnout for my precinct at this time (and we even had a few minor problems).
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 12:38:33 PM »

We're at a little over 300 in my division. We have 1,025 registered voters. This is insane turnout for my precinct at this time (and we even had a few minor problems).

You're in one of the more conservative precincts, right?

Yes but I have come to realize that I have a lot of younger people moving into my area. I don't think McCain will do as well as I originally thought. However, I still expect him to win or keep Obama to a very, very small win.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 12:44:08 PM »

Well, Keystone Phil says that his precinct is near a campus....

It's on a campus...in NE Philly. It's one of the most conservative colleges in the area (Catholic). Also, over 95% of the students commute to school so it's not what you're thinking.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 12:54:50 PM »

It's on a campus...in NE Philly. It's one of the most conservative colleges in the area (Catholic). Also, over 95% of the students commute to school so it's not what you're thinking.

Still though, maybe JJ is being a hack and Chinatown WILL go heavily for Obama....so nothing that discouraging yet...

Eh, I don't know about that...

Also, I don't know what J.J. is talking about saying that Chinatown and Temple are the only areas with big precincts. Mine is one of the biggest in the city. The average size is about 600 voters; I'm over 1,000.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 03:21:43 PM »

Still though, maybe JJ is being a hack and Chinatown WILL go heavily for Obama....so nothing that discouraging yet...

I'm just re-reporting.  Chinatown is evidently the biggest precinct, with 4000 voters.  Temple, (Broad and Susquehanna) is the one with the large turnout.  Those are the ones being reported.

Whoa...4,000? That's insane.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 03:30:32 PM »

About 430 people out of the 1,025 registered voters have turned out so far at my polling place. This is amazing for my precinct. That's 42% turnout two hours before the evening rush! This is even a bigger deal considering how my precinct has kind of pathetically low turnout numbers even in big races.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 03:38:01 PM »

About 430 people out of the 1,025 registered voters have turned out so far at my polling place. This is amazing for my precinct. That's 42% turnout two hours before the evening rush! This is even a bigger deal considering how my precinct has kind of pathetically low turnout numbers even in big races.

Voting for the Negro, eh? Tongue

I guess that's one way to read it. I was really given a wake up call this year as to how my precinct isn't as conservative as I thought it was. That being said, McCain is still going to win here so the high turnout is probably both the younger, more liberal folks and the seniors.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies