Christie:"Warren Buffet should shut up!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 12:22:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Christie:"Warren Buffet should shut up!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Christie:"Warren Buffet should shut up!"  (Read 1917 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2012, 05:19:16 PM »

Buffet doesn't cheat on his taxes, just like Romney doesn't. Still doesn't make it right. Investment income can be taxed at a low rate, but when you are making a Million dollars on investments, you can get taxed a minimum amount.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2012, 05:25:52 PM »

Don't you love it when the Left comes out in full force for an uber billionaire who openly flaunts he games the system to where he pays less taxes than a secretary?
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2012, 05:47:10 PM »

probably we all should.  but none of us will.

You're quite mistaken, we are all thoroughly muzzled.  You can tell by the fact that no one is calling for both Cris Cristy and Warren Buffet to be guillotined.

I see you're a classy, diplomatic man.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2012, 07:43:26 PM »

Don't you love it when the Left comes out in full force for an uber billionaire who openly flaunts he games the system to where he pays less taxes than a secretary?

How exactly is he gaming the system? I think it's common knowledge investments are taxed at 15%?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2012, 01:34:13 AM »

I don't know if Warren Buffet should shut up, but people should shut up about Warren Buffet. And Piers Morgan should shut up in general.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2012, 06:59:52 AM »

How exactly is he gaming the system?

Haven't you heard? Liberal "game the system", Republican "only pay what they're required".

This pisses me off, when historians look back at why America declined they will point at supply-side economics and free trade.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2012, 09:51:11 AM »

I don't know if Warren Buffet should shut up, but people should shut up about Warren Buffet. And Piers Morgan should shut up in general.
While we're playing this game, people should shut up about abortion. It's very tiring already.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2012, 06:15:59 PM »

While we're playing this game, people should shut up about abortion. It's very tiring already.
What game do you think we're playing here?
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2012, 06:27:10 PM »

SHUT UP SHUT UP!  Anyone who may have a strong argument against my policies should shut up!1!1!  Freedom of speech only applies to me and my allies!!!

Seriously, how do people support douchebags that think stuff like this?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2012, 06:43:41 PM »

Buffet strikes back.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/212749-buffett-derides-christie-write-a-check-and-shut-up-comments-as-touching-response-to-debt-crisis

Billionaire investor Warren Buffett fired back in an increasingly contentious war of words with Gov. Chris Christie (R-N.J.) Monday, sarcastically calling the governor's suggestion he "just write a check and shut up" a "touching response."

“It’s sort of a touching response to a $1.2 trillion deficit, isn’t it? That somehow the American people will all send in checks and take care of it?” Buffett said in an interview on CNBC.

Monday, Buffett said Christie's comments were not "eloquent" and largely parroted a similar call from Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.).

“It’s sort of astounding to me that somebody that has the responsibility for being the minority leader in the Senate would think that you attack a $1.2 trillion or so deficit by asking for voluntary contributions,” Buffett said.

Last month, Buffett said he would match any contributions congressional Republicans made to the U.S. Treasury — and triple any donations made by McConnell personally.

"I offered to triple his. But that’s a sideshow. The real problem we have is we’re taking in too little money and we’re spending too much. And that’s not going to be solved by voluntary contributions," Buffett said on CNBC.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies