The Federal Unionization and Competitive Contracting Bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:15:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Federal Unionization and Competitive Contracting Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Federal Unionization and Competitive Contracting Bill  (Read 9631 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« on: November 06, 2004, 09:57:04 PM »

If I may give my two cents here I first think that the oversite clauses of this bill are well thought out and would probably reduce government waste and increase the efficiency of government. However, I am against Clause 2 stating that government employees should be allowed to unionize. I also agree with PBrunsel that instead of adding more people to an already bloated government we should just include this either under the Secretary of Forum Affairs or possibly under the Treasury department. I would consider a council with up to 9 members akin to using a shotgun against a mouse. Why create such a structure when it is not needed and can easily be done by either of the two secretaries mentioned above.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2004, 11:46:26 AM »

If the Unionization clause is to stay in this Bill then I support the addition of a sub-clause stating that Federal Workers Unions cannot be affliated with any Labor Organization. This would make sure that the Labor Movement does not gain control of the government through unseemly means and it also protects against conflicts of intrests between the government and Big Labor. While this is a suggestion I feel that it is needed.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004, 09:05:45 PM »
« Edited: November 09, 2004, 12:43:25 PM by ColinW »

If the Unionization clause is to stay in this Bill then I support the addition of a sub-clause stating that Federal Workers Unions cannot be affliated with any Labor Organization. This would make sure that the Labor Movement does not gain control of the government through unseemly means and it also protects against conflicts of intrests between the government and Big Labor. While this is a suggestion I feel that it is needed.

Paranoia

With you as the head of the AFL-CIO I think that is a justifiable missgiving toward Big Labor.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 12:44:08 PM »

As of November 9th 2004 there has been no official strike action.

Meaning what? If this doesn't pass their will be strike action? This is why I don't want Federal Employees as part of the Al controlled AFL-CIO.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2004, 09:06:40 PM »

Mr. President I have to say that I am very disappointed by this I would have hoped that you would have vetoed this bill.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies