As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:23:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 318072 times)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2012, 10:45:00 AM »

Why do people abbreviate things when they are just going to tell us what it means anyways?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2012, 06:30:30 AM »

Why don't you just donate the cash to charity? Surely that would do more good than flying yourself out there. And you'd get a tax deduction.

Seriously? Why do you have to be such a downer, eh?

It's true though.. I'm sure the money would go much further just being donated.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2012, 07:34:52 PM »

There are some updates I must make.  Something terrible has happened at Dell.  Oklahoma is an "at-will" employment state, meaning employers can terminate the employment of anybody at any time with or without notice.  I have no tenure there, having only been permanent for 10 weeks.  I received a notice this past week that my position was going to be cut on Monday, 21 May 2012.  I had to do some immediate scrambling and trying to find a job and thankfully, I went to the Xerox plant in Yukon, Oklahoma (western suburb of OKC).  I now have a job working with Xerox doing technical support for Apple.  The job starts on Monday, 18 June 2012 at either 06:00-14:30 or 15:00-23:30.  It will be a significant pay cut, but it will be a permanent position (no temp service).  Apple only has 3 call centers in the nation, Portland, Oregon; Raleigh, North Carolina; and one other city.  They are expanding into Oklahoma City on 18 June, so I am the very first class for Apple in Oklahoma City.  They will be promoting from within, which means my class will have the very first opportunities to promote into supervisory or team lead roles.  I may not have to be on the phones for very long and I may work up to the pay I was at with Dell within a pretty short period of time.  We'll see.  So, the job search began and the job search ended with one interview.
Didn't someone predict this?

Yeah.. If I remember correctly, that would be everyone on this forum.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2012, 06:54:31 AM »

There are some updates I must make.  Something terrible has happened at Dell.  Oklahoma is an "at-will" employment state, meaning employers can terminate the employment of anybody at any time with or without notice.  I have no tenure there, having only been permanent for 10 weeks.  I received a notice this past week that my position was going to be cut on Monday, 21 May 2012.  I had to do some immediate scrambling and trying to find a job and thankfully, I went to the Xerox plant in Yukon, Oklahoma (western suburb of OKC).  I now have a job working with Xerox doing technical support for Apple.  The job starts on Monday, 18 June 2012 at either 06:00-14:30 or 15:00-23:30.  It will be a significant pay cut, but it will be a permanent position (no temp service).  Apple only has 3 call centers in the nation, Portland, Oregon; Raleigh, North Carolina; and one other city.  They are expanding into Oklahoma City on 18 June, so I am the very first class for Apple in Oklahoma City.  They will be promoting from within, which means my class will have the very first opportunities to promote into supervisory or team lead roles.  I may not have to be on the phones for very long and I may work up to the pay I was at with Dell within a pretty short period of time.  We'll see.  So, the job search began and the job search ended with one interview.
Didn't someone predict this?

Yeah.. If I remember correctly, that would be everyone on this forum.
I was playing the Captain Obvious part.

As was I, my friend. I figured it would be like icing on the cake.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2012, 10:21:06 AM »

Are George and I ever going to be welcomed back onto said facebook?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2012, 11:43:26 AM »

Are George and I ever going to be welcomed back onto said facebook?

and waltermitty

Yes, how could I forget about our friend waltermitty. Three of the smartes't and brightest minds known to walk the Earth.. package deal here. No combo breakers allowed.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2012, 11:43:38 AM »

Yeah! What those other people said!

Also, there isn't a "guest" account. It's called not logging in. Currently, there are over 200 guests on the forum. But I'm glad you and your buddy get some good ol' LOLs at this thread. I know that a lot of us do too.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2012, 06:35:40 AM »

I'm beginning to realize that.  However, stubborn as I am, I'm probably not going to listen to that.

No offense, but these two sentences could easily serve as your life motto.

Uh oh, looks like I have a new signature that I'll never see!!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2012, 12:50:54 PM »

Bushie's Daddy is apparently a financial seer. Who knew?

And it's safer to work for a call center for Xerox, than it ever would be at ONG. Because if there is one thing we all know, natural gas is going away, and FAST!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2012, 06:09:41 PM »

He's done this before guys. I'm not surprised he's planning to show up so early. I doubt you'll run into any traffic at 5am though...

Fo realz! Oklahoma has like.. 30 cars, maybe 35 MAX.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2012, 02:21:08 PM »

I tend not to worry about it. My company pays for 100% of my insurance.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2012, 12:49:01 PM »

BUSHIE!!! You're overlooking something major here: please shave your moustache before going to the PowWow.  You might meet a nice Potawatomi girl, Bushie. You never know what God has in store. Wink

Yes, this x100.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2012, 09:47:01 AM »

Ugh, you can't even be bothered to do your own yard work? You're no father, a father doesn't want nobody touching his damn grass.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2012, 03:43:29 PM »

If you read it as an insult, than sure. No problemo.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2012, 10:50:21 AM »

Hell, I don't even know if I would consider my occupation a career. I make a good living, and it's not horrible work. I just can't see me calling it anything other than a job M
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2012, 06:19:09 PM »

I'm afraid that in less than a month.. I might be in the same state as Bushie for a few days. Super freaky!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2012, 10:54:59 AM »

I love this new term: "public shorts."

I'm going to be using this from now on.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2012, 12:13:11 PM »

Born around the same time as the Easter Bunny, right?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2012, 03:33:45 PM »

Oh sure, BIG Daddy.....we can't have our Kenya story, but you can trash the guy.  Tongue

Me talking about the Easter Bunny is the same as Jeff being slowly killed and sufficated to death by a lion. Is that what you're telling me?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2012, 03:49:59 PM »

Oh sure, BIG Daddy.....we can't have our Kenya story, but you can trash the guy.  Tongue

Me talking about the Easter Bunny is the same as Jeff being slowly killed and sufficated to death by a lion. Is that what you're telling me?

Actually, the made up story was funny.......your trashes his faith........

My apologies for the trashing of his faith. I'm sorry for making fun of my church Jeff, as well as yours. I will stop and ensure that nobody else does what I have. But I will now allow people to write stories on you having a horrific death. Let me know what works for you.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2012, 04:37:32 PM »

4 eggo waffles? Gotta cut that out.

It was either that or starve.  This boy doesn't like to not eat...

Jeff, can I make a possible suggestion to breakfasts i you have the time? Is it the healthiest thing, no.. probably not. But it can be very filling. Sometimes for breakfast, I do egg whites and turkey sausage with some salsa. It's pretty good, and pretty easy to make.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2012, 01:56:40 PM »

I dunno torie. Protein costs like $50 for about a months worth of shakes. I would worry about Bushie first getting his diet in check before I worry about him taking supplements. I don't think the guy eats vegetables at all, at least vegetables that haven't been fried/processed/contain bread/cheese.

$50/30 equals $1.66 per breakfast. Add to that the cost of a cup of orange juice as mix. In my experience, that is the singe most effective way to lose weight putting aside being physically active, and in particular jogging.

Yeah... but Bushie still took a pretty big pay cut going to Xerox now. I'm sure $50-$80 bucks is gonna be pretty hard to spend on stuff like this. Is it needed, of course. But when you have other bills that come first, this is totally back burner stuff.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2012, 06:17:05 AM »

I am using you guys as my "support group". So, I am posting my plans so you can keep me accountable.

Ha! You know we're good at accountability!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2012, 04:57:29 PM »

Usually, new employees have to be at a company 6 months before they can start taking paid sick time.  Before that, it's unpaid, and usually frowned upon if you take any time off within the first 90 days of employment. Of course, if you're really sick, than your sick and you don't go in.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2012, 09:17:37 AM »

There have been times that I go back and re-read the Update thread and Have a new job thread. It's a lot of fun.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies