Andrew Cuomo calls for decriminalization of marijuana (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:52:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Andrew Cuomo calls for decriminalization of marijuana (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Andrew Cuomo calls for decriminalization of marijuana  (Read 6273 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: June 05, 2012, 01:58:45 PM »

Decriminalization /= Legalization, and the latter is what would seriously force change.  I'm not even sure if this is a good thing, because it encourages the ridiculous halfway house status marijuana is growing into.  Either make it legal or illegal (and by that, I mean make it legal).  Making it kind of sort of illegal but not really is the worst of both worlds, as it doesn't eliminate the criminal subculture that benefits off of marijuana trade and it doesn't provide the tax bonanza that sin taxes involved with legalization would.  My ideal solution would be for marijuana to join alcohol in "you can buy it at 7-11 or CVS with an appropriate over 21 ID" status, which would utterly devastate drug dealers who make a good share of their money off of pot and decouple marijuana from the criminal element completely.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies