NC PrimR: Public Policy Polling: Huckabee moves to the top in NC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 09:31:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  NC PrimR: Public Policy Polling: Huckabee moves to the top in NC
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC PrimR: Public Policy Polling: Huckabee moves to the top in NC  (Read 1586 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 05, 2007, 10:54:52 AM »
« edited: December 05, 2007, 11:01:45 AM by Josh22 »

New Poll: North Carolina President by Public Policy Polling on 2007-12-03

Summary: Giuliani: 17%, McCain: 8%, Romney: 9%, Thompson, F: 16%, Other: 40%, Undecided: 10%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Huckabee- 33%

Don't ask me?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 11:13:04 AM »

Beware the Huckabeast!
jacob_101

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 01:24:55 PM »

Can we say SURGE?
ThePrezMex
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: 5.25, S: -1.69

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 01:45:43 PM »

Holy Cow!  and Huckabee is FIRST on Rasmussen's national daily tracking!

I'm ecstatic Cheesy   and while I've been convinced since the beginning of the year that he would become a formidable candidate once people started paying attention to him, I'm quite surprised by the suddenness of the Surge.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 01:50:56 PM »

God bless you and your support Chuck!
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 03:09:30 PM »

Thats going in my sig Smiley

Finally, things are changing fast!  Thompson will fall soon, he was the most popular candidate in the South. But now they have a new favorite son (one who doesn't bore the hell out of people).
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 03:45:05 PM »

Now THAT is a jump.
Floridude
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 05:01:18 PM »

It's not a good time to be Fred Thompson.  I wouldn't be surprised if he drops out within the month.  He would probably endorse McCain in that case.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 05:33:34 PM »

It's not a good time to be Fred Thompson.  I wouldn't be surprised if he drops out within the month.  He would probably endorse McCain in that case.

I'm assuming that Thompson would at least wait until after Iowa to drop out.  I mean, he's still polling around 10% there.  He might as well wait for the caucus and hope that he edges out Giuliani for 3rd place, and see what happens from there.  He'd still be a huge longshot to win the nomination even if he got about 15% of the vote and 3rd place in Iowa, but he might as well try, now that it's only a few weeks away anyway.  It's not like he's exerting himself much by continuing the campaign.
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.61, S: 0.65

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 05:37:21 PM »

I am shocked but excited
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2007, 10:48:32 PM »

Huckabee is the darling of the social conservatives, much like Thompson was before he entered the race. I wonder if his support will last or fizzle out like Fred's did.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2007, 09:26:44 AM »

Huckabee is the darling of the social conservatives, much like Thompson was before he entered the race. I wonder if his support will last or fizzle out like Fred's did.

Probably not.  Fred's rise was based on expectations, which failed to pan out once he began to run.  Huckabee, on the other hand, didn't have those expectations, but his performance is drawing people to him.
jacob_101

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2007, 12:50:04 PM »

Probably not.  Fred's rise was based on expectations, which failed to pan out once he began to run.  Huckabee, on the other hand, didn't have those expectations, but his performance is drawing people to him.

Well said!!
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2007, 01:43:15 AM »

I'm assuming that Thompson would at least wait until after Iowa to drop out.  I mean, he's still polling around 10% there.  He might as well wait for the caucus and hope that he edges out Giuliani for 3rd place, and see what happens from there.  He'd still be a huge longshot to win the nomination even if he got about 15% of the vote and 3rd place in Iowa, but he might as well try, now that it's only a few weeks away anyway.  It's not like he's exerting himself much by continuing the campaign.

Does Thompson even really want the nomination though?  I seriously get the impression that he was pressured into running in order to be the "real conservative" candidate people were still searching for.  But now, with Huckabee rising fast and both Romney and Giuliani still in the running it doesn't appear there is much space for Thompson.  If I were him I'd end this token campaign and just endorse another candidate.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies