Clinton says "nobody likes" Sanders and calls him a "career politician" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:28:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Clinton says "nobody likes" Sanders and calls him a "career politician" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton says "nobody likes" Sanders and calls him a "career politician"  (Read 9764 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« on: January 21, 2020, 02:14:53 PM »

I mean, she isn’t wrong, but this is the worst time for her to say something like this. What an idiot. She should have either said it outright in 2017 or not say anything at all.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 02:19:45 PM »

This tweet right here was a fairly odd thing to say for someone who supposedly supported Clinton. It was almost as if he was encouraging his supporters to vote for Trump. He is a sneaky person and knew what he was posting. Clinton can say what she wants about him.

Saying that many of those who support Trump aren't racist or sexist isn't the same as saying Trump isn't racist or sexist. Plus, it's not like saying those who support Trump are horrible worked out too well for Clinton. Even if you believe that most of Trump's supporters are racist, that's not something you should explicitly say as a candidate.

Tweeting out anything right before the election that even implies that it is ok to vote for the opposition is wrong. Sanders is not that stupid.

Saying that it's okay to vote for the opposition =/= Saying that people who do aren't racist or sexist

Maybe if Hillary had learned the same thing and humbled herself, she would be president right now.

Why was it necessary for him to say that? Voters know what their intentions are and don't need a politician to tell them anything. It was just an odd thing to tweet right before any election especially from someone who never really conceded that they lost the primary.

I don't know, I don't live inside his head.  Why did Hillary call her opponents' supporters deplorable?

Maybe because a lot of them are deplorable? The past three years have demonstrated that a lot of them are and many people have woken up to that fact.

tolerant left strikes again
If you are an asshole, you don’t get respect. You had the tolerant left for years but you pushed too far. You can’t expect us to play nice when your side refuses for years.  I sincerely hope the Democrats play the same games the GOP has done to an extent. If there was any justice in the World, your state alone would be a 53-0 Dem gerrymander.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 03:31:25 PM »

This primary has already been a cluster and we haven’t even reached Iowa. I’m starting to think that only a couple of candidates (Buttigieg and Bennet) would actually be even slightly favored at this point against Trump. What a shame, the 2020 presidential election was originally lean D for sure but now I see it as tilt R.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 05:03:45 PM »

Classy as always.
Good response. My opinion of this guy has risen from this event a bit.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 07:58:44 PM »

If Sanders can't unify the party if he gets the nomination that is his problem, not Hillary Clinton's. She has not control over whether or not he can defeat Trump.
Well Hillary saying things like this makes it near damn impossible for unity. This is the exact same argument the Sandernistas used in 2016 against Hillary. It wasn’t valid then and it isn’t valid now. Party unity takes politicians from across the party.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 11:21:11 PM »

Bernie should be ashamed for 2016. Full stop.
But Clinton should let go of the past and do what is good for the country and not stir the pot as an influential public figure.
If the stakes weren’t so high, her behavior would be justified, but we can’t afford retribution right now. Our country is at risk right now, and any damage done with four more years of Trump will take decades to fully reverse.

Tbh Clinton should have either let all her anger against Bernie out in 2017 (as an “I told you so” to his supporters who voted third party) or not said anything at all. This was an emotionally charged decision when we can’t have those.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies