Gillette's new ad asks men to not be bullies/rapists; right-wing backlash ensues
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 11:07:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Gillette's new ad asks men to not be bullies/rapists; right-wing backlash ensues
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Gillette's new ad asks men to not be bullies/rapists; right-wing backlash ensues  (Read 7359 times)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2019, 06:13:14 AM »

This sort of stuff makes me shift leftwards.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2019, 11:58:17 AM »

Thank the LLC of your choice that fine folks like Badger, Joe and King T are here to protect the honor of Gillette.
Maybe we're just commending Wall Street for being right for once? It doesn't mean we can't cruticize everything else they do. Believe me Deadomon (is that a zombie Pokemon?) that I will be singing Trump 's praises the day he enacts Medicare For All. I will also be condemning him for basically everything else.

Your critique of us is basically the "ORANGE MAN BAD!!!" NPC meme but replacing Orange Man with Wall Street. How dare we have complex opinions that aren't 100% black and white? Sometimes bad people / groups do good things, and they deserve credit for those things (and only those things).
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #127 on: May 29, 2019, 12:40:03 PM »

cunning plan to companies: make two sets of adverts for both crowds and use the data they collect on us to target the correct group. Therefore Trump voters will get Kid Rock saying "only drinking COKE will trigger the SOYBOYS! U! S! A!" and Democrats can get targeted with a Latinx trans dominatrix with green hair discussing Hamilton while sipping Woka-Cola.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #128 on: May 29, 2019, 04:56:00 PM »

At least it's a positive ad compared to the last one which just defecated on men, throwing them all into a stereotype.

Someone was triggered by an ad that called on men to be their best.

by accusing them of uniformly failing at it for all of history up until the present #Metoo moment, when a chosen few were enlightened by the television talking heads.

Except it objectively did not do that.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #129 on: May 29, 2019, 06:12:33 PM »

At least it's a positive ad compared to the last one which just defecated on men, throwing them all into a stereotype.

by accusing them of uniformly failing at it for all of history up until the present #Metoo moment, when a chosen few were enlightened by the television talking heads.

I guess you must have seen a different version.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #130 on: May 29, 2019, 09:40:43 PM »

No, we didn't. You are just objectively and factually incorrect.

This is not a mere difference of opinion here. Just literally two plus two equals five wrong.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #131 on: May 29, 2019, 10:31:51 PM »

This is not a mere difference of opinion here. Just literally two plus two equals five wrong.

The first 35 seconds are images of boys and men being bullies and pigs.
An endless row of men barbecuing, mindlessly repeating "Boys will be boys."
Narrator: "But something finally changed"
Cut to Anita Sarkeesian talking about sexual harassment.

What the hell else are people supposed to take away from that, huh?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #132 on: May 29, 2019, 10:57:00 PM »

Um, not your hypothesis?

It is hysterical to watch conservatives, for all the yammering about liberal snowflakes, to get so triggered over the smallest threats to their hegemony.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #133 on: May 29, 2019, 10:58:07 PM »

That SOME men, not the majority by any means, can have bad practices, and that the majority of men can shrug off the behavior of those men. The average target audience member has NO idea who Sarkeesian is, so it's more about what the actual quote she said was rather than the fact that it's her.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #134 on: May 29, 2019, 11:05:20 PM »

That SOME men, not the majority by any means, can have bad practices, and that the majority of men can shrug off the behavior of those men. The average target audience member has NO idea who Sarkeesian is, so it's more about what the actual quote she said was rather than the fact that it's her.

Probably a good thing no one does know who she is, despite gamergate and somehow snaking her way onto Twitter's "Trust and Safety" board. 
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: May 29, 2019, 11:14:00 PM »

Um, not your hypothesis?

It is hysterical to watch conservatives, for all the yammering about liberal snowflakes, to get so triggered over the smallest threats to their hegemony.

Since you love this commercial so much, maybe you could take a hint from it try not being so overbearing and hostile to everyone who happens to have a different perspective than you.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #136 on: May 29, 2019, 11:16:22 PM »

Um, not your hypothesis?

Since you love this commercial so much, maybe you could take a hint from it try not being so overbearing and hostile to everyone who happens to have a different perspective than you.

To the irony ore mine, stat!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2019, 05:29:40 AM »

Um, not your hypothesis?

thank you!  It is so brave to stand up and defend Gillette against all those so "triggered" by it.  Because you are DEFINITELY not triggered by them, no sir!  And anybody that thinks you are is crazy.   The advertisement/After School Special got MILLIONS of dislikes dontchaknow?  And we all just know that those people went and encouraged their sons to go out raping in response to it, because there is no way anybody could have a "complex opinions that aren't 100% black and white" on it, that would be insane, right King T?  How could anybody be against the most obvious virtue signaling since Nike's Kapperneck advertisements?  If big companies aren't going to tell us how to be good people, who is?  Our parents?  Oh right, THEY'RE THE PROBLEM! ahahahahahaahah...wait, no, just the dad's, can't make fun of mom's that might "trigger" certain people, right Badger?

You aren't the hero trillion dollar companies (and moms) deserve, but you're the one they need.  Keep fighting the good fight sir.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2019, 08:27:28 AM »

guys I think deadoman is broken
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #139 on: May 30, 2019, 08:42:28 AM »

I'll be alright Joe, I have all you champions of capitalism here to tell me which advertisements I should use to teach me how to be a good person.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #140 on: May 30, 2019, 10:03:46 AM »

Having a libertarian assail progressives about being too pro-business and capitalistic is the exact Nexus between adorable and bizzare.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #141 on: May 30, 2019, 10:08:12 AM »

Imagine how he felt watching Captain Marvel.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies