Gillette's new ad asks men to not be bullies/rapists; right-wing backlash ensues (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:49:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Gillette's new ad asks men to not be bullies/rapists; right-wing backlash ensues (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gillette's new ad asks men to not be bullies/rapists; right-wing backlash ensues  (Read 7492 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: January 18, 2019, 12:47:44 AM »

First, the ad:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koPmuEyP3a0

Next, the backlash from individuals who don't like being told not to bully, sexually assault or rape people:  https://www.npr.org/2019/01/17/685976624/backlash-erupts-after-gillette-launches-a-new-metoo-inspired-ad-campaign
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 02:09:43 AM »

but yes, some yahoos were triggered by it, they should be made fun of.

If the nearly 1 million 'dislikes' on that YouTube video are anything to go by, we may have our work cut out for us.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 03:08:41 AM »

It’s a fairly dumb enough ad on its own given how overpriced the razors are versus a service like dollar shave club which is the exact same quality. The ad doesn’t explain why anybody should go for Gillette other than vague motivational social commentary.
Which is really why they are getting so many dislikes on Youtube. Like why should I buy your product because of social commentary, doesn't make sense.

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 04:34:02 AM »

How old is that photo?  Was it from the last week or so?  If not, you don’t really seem to understand what has happened here, concerning Gillette’s rethinking of its own branding strategy.

Or just keep pretending not to care about ‘silly’ topics that you still insist on posting in.  Whatever, you do you.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 06:52:36 PM »

If any man hasn't done the negative things portrayed in the commercial, then they have nothing to be offended by. It seems to me like the ad struck a nerve with people who probably have poor behavior.

Ah, but by GOD they should have the RIGHT to do it, despite what the FEMINAZIS and SOY BOYS say otherwise!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 01:12:04 AM »

I keep hearing how sick people are of Christian preaching.  I'm sick of this.

But, no, I don't appreciate lectures.

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 08:27:28 AM »

guys I think deadoman is broken
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies