Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 05:19:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 58
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)  (Read 91824 times)
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: January 15, 2020, 02:45:20 PM »

Biden/Duckworth FTW
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #451 on: January 15, 2020, 02:46:27 PM »

Edit: Hope he picks a cool lady to be his Vice President. Atleast make something about the ticket exciting.

Joe Biden/Nanette Barragan is a dream ticket.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #452 on: January 16, 2020, 09:42:06 AM »

Joe Biden/Hilda Solis
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #453 on: January 16, 2020, 11:56:46 AM »

gottsu
Poland

« Reply #454 on: January 16, 2020, 05:36:51 PM »

Edit: Hope he picks a cool lady to be his Vice President. Atleast make something about the ticket exciting.

Why her as VP?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #455 on: January 16, 2020, 05:54:17 PM »

Why her as VP?

Because she's a very good balance to Joe Biden. She's a woman of course, only in her mid 40s and Latina. Hispanics will be absolutely pivotal to turn out in November. Probably even more so than African Americans, who are already solidly backing the Biden candidacy. Barragan is progressive, but not too far left either, has no baggage and has charisma. The only issue that could be used against her in a relatively short experience in Washington, but that will be less of a factor with someone like Joe Biden at the top of the ticket. In contrary, someone like Mayor Pete should probably pick a more experienced running mate.

Of course, there are other good picks for him like Kamala Harris, Val Demings, Tammy Baldwin, CCM or even Gretchen Whitmer. But Barragan is my favorite. Joe Biden could be a bridge to party's future that Barragan represents. No matter whether he serves one or two terms, she could then run to replace him as president.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #456 on: January 16, 2020, 11:24:38 PM »

That's "Honest Uncle Joe" for you....

Nothing wrong with resourcing Tejas in 2020, especially since this could be a boon to DEM-House and Senate campaigns statewide, as well as Federal CD's, plus long-shot at a US-Senate seat (Where's BETO???)....
Hollywood
« Reply #457 on: January 17, 2020, 12:08:31 AM »

They opened up that front bench for young black voters, and only one showed up to support Biden.  The words out.  Joe Biden is lame, and speaks like he's got the whistling wooden teeth of George Washington. 
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #458 on: January 17, 2020, 03:23:03 PM »

Biden wants to make it easier for people to sue Dave Leip over stuff that trolls post on this forum:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-01-17/biden-calls-for-repeal-of-law-that-shields-internet-giants

Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden called for the repeal of Section 230, part of a U.S. law that protects internet companies from liability for content their users post online.

In an interview with the New York Times editorial board, Biden said companies should be responsible for libel on their platforms. The former vice president focused his ire on Facebook Inc., the largest social-media company, and Chief Executive Officer Mark Zuckerberg.

Section 230, a provision of the Communications Decency Act passed in 1996, “should be revoked, immediately,” Biden said.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #459 on: January 17, 2020, 07:26:04 PM »

Sounds like a winning message!
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #460 on: January 17, 2020, 08:23:03 PM »

If Democrats nominate Biden, we will lose in November. Maybe that's what we would deserve if we pick the most uninspiring candidate I've seen. It's laughable that some liberals think Biden has the upper hand in the election against Trump. Gravely mistaken.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #461 on: January 18, 2020, 12:35:48 AM »

If Democrats nominate Biden, we will lose in November. Maybe that's what we would deserve if we pick the most uninspiring candidate I've seen. It's laughable that some liberals think Biden has the upper hand in the election against Trump. Gravely mistaken.

We can always vote for Biden. But donate to Dem Congressional candidates.  Trump deserves to lose due to fact he should go to prison. Trump wants to survive til 2024 to run our statue of limitations so he doesn't get prison time
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #462 on: January 18, 2020, 02:22:18 AM »

Not as bad as “I don’t give a number [for M4A] and I’ll tell you why — it’s such a huge number and it’s so complicated that if I gave a number, you and 50 other people would go through it and say, ‘Oh … ‘”
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #463 on: January 18, 2020, 02:25:21 AM »

I read the entire interview and, in fact, the Biden pitch is "if you like your private insurance, you can keep it, and if your employer gets rid of it, you are guaranteed cheap and high-quality insurance from the public option, and if you can't afford that, you get a tax break so it's free"

But taking quotes out of context is a lot more fun than responsible civic engagement.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #464 on: January 18, 2020, 02:32:17 AM »

Not as bad as “I don’t give a number [for M4A] and I’ll tell you why — it’s such a huge number and it’s so complicated that if I gave a number, you and 50 other people would go through it and say, ‘Oh … ‘”

Versus the famous "If you like your plan you can keep it", which not only turned out to be inaccurate but proved to be such an embarrassing PR disaster that Politifact called it the Lie of the Year?
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #465 on: January 18, 2020, 10:36:43 AM »

Versus the famous "If you like your plan you can keep it", which not only turned out to be inaccurate but proved to be such an embarrassing PR disaster that Politifact called it the Lie of the Year?

Not a fan of that move by Obama. Also, that's not a plan being proposed by a 2020 candidate so I'm not sure why you're bringing it up as a counter
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #466 on: January 18, 2020, 11:30:16 AM »

Not a fan of that move by Obama. Also, that's not a plan being proposed by a 2020 candidate so I'm not sure why you're bringing it up as a counter

Biden wishes to be associated with all the successes of Obama's administration, does he not?  He owns its failures then, too.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #467 on: January 18, 2020, 02:48:50 PM »

Biden has canceled ad spending in Nevada:

Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #468 on: January 18, 2020, 03:41:21 PM »

Well, that is interesting... The question is why?

a) They are out of money/need money for IA/NH/SC more
b) They think they have it locked up
c) They think they can't win it

Which of those is the case?
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #469 on: January 18, 2020, 03:51:16 PM »

I guess that he's trying to go all-in on IA/NH so that a strong finish would give him enough momentum for an outright win in NV and a landslide in SC going into Super Tuesday. It's still a puzzling decision, though, as NV is a state that he could quickly lose ground to Sanders if he's not careful (unlike say SC where he pulled out earlier this month which is already a foregone conclusion).

That might be too charitable for an explanation, though, as it's also possible that his campaign's finances are not in the best shape compared to the other candidates.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #470 on: January 18, 2020, 04:05:30 PM »

A- Biden's campaign is not bankrupt but considering he is the frontrunner and is trying to run his campaign with that in mind, he is not doing great in the money department. Therefore, he is probably trying to put all his eggs in IA/NH (which are on a knife's edge between him and Bernie and Butti) and use that momentum to carry NV without the same level of investment. Still, it is a risky move and not a move made by most frontrunners' campaigns. B and C are both obviously absurd, with polls showing Biden with a small but fairly consistent lead in the state.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #471 on: January 18, 2020, 05:03:05 PM »

We can always vote for Biden. But donate to Dem Congressional candidates.  Trump deserves to lose due to fact he should go to prison. Trump wants to survive til 2024 to run our statue of limitations so he doesn't get prison time

Preach it brother. Trump is literally running for his life here, as if he loses he will get indicted in 2021.
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #472 on: January 18, 2020, 06:39:27 PM »

Trump doesn't need to worry. With Biden as the frontrunner, he'll easily win a second term. Trump will win Wisconsin against Biden, I have no doubts about it. It's unfortunate that the race seems to be shaping up to be Biden's to lose, despite him doing nothing to impress voters in this entire campaign. It's the lamest coronation ever. I truly hope this fool doesn't win the primary.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #473 on: January 18, 2020, 07:21:00 PM »

Who needs to waste money on television advertising (probably at inflated rates on account of Steyer's massive buys) when you're counting on Culinary Union muscle to beat down the pro-M4A candidates who stand in your way?
They are not backing Biden though? Maybe individual members lean towards him, but it isn't like they are putting their man (or woman may be more appropriate since the union is pretty female-dominated) power behind a single candidate.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #474 on: January 18, 2020, 07:28:58 PM »

Biden starts his attacks on Bernie. It was only a matter of time, and to be honest I'm surprised it took this long.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies