Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:22:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)  (Read 92784 times)
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« on: January 17, 2020, 08:23:03 PM »

If Democrats nominate Biden, we will lose in November. Maybe that's what we would deserve if we pick the most uninspiring candidate I've seen. It's laughable that some liberals think Biden has the upper hand in the election against Trump. Gravely mistaken.
redjohn

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 06:39:27 PM »

Trump doesn't need to worry. With Biden as the frontrunner, he'll easily win a second term. Trump will win Wisconsin against Biden, I have no doubts about it. It's unfortunate that the race seems to be shaping up to be Biden's to lose, despite him doing nothing to impress voters in this entire campaign. It's the lamest coronation ever. I truly hope this fool doesn't win the primary.
redjohn

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 03:49:23 PM »

Lol @ Biden's meltdown on camera after a reporter pointed out his hypocrisy. Joe's a joke and everyone knows it. If any other candidate screamed and grabbed reporters like he does, they'd be humiliated out of the race.
redjohn

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 10:35:27 AM »

The biggest irony of this race might end up being Bloomberg's candidacy. He's spending big in Super Tuesday states, and might get double digits in southern states while falling short of delegate thresholds. It's hard to overstate how detrimental this will be for Biden. His campaign hangs on the idea that he can rack up huge delegate leads in the south, but will it be enough to counter Sanders?
redjohn

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 11:15:34 AM »

Love how Biden's the only candidate who can have a senile freakout at a voter and the media doesn't care. The establishment media is so in the bag for Biden it's hysterical. A benefit of Trump winning is that the influence of traditional media has been greatly reduced, so nobody cares what the talking heads on CNN have to say anymore. This candidate is so unfit for office, and really he's unfit to speak with American voters.
redjohn

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 11:31:04 AM »

Love how Biden's the only candidate who can have a senile freakout at a voter and the media doesn't care. The establishment media is so in the bag for Biden it's hysterical. A benefit of Trump winning is that the influence of traditional media has been greatly reduced, so nobody cares what the talking heads on CNN have to say anymore. This candidate is so unfit for office, and really he's unfit to speak with American voters.

This is the furthest thing from a senile freakout.  You Bernie people just keep lying about Biden videos to trick people who haven't actually watched them.

Yeah, it's totally normal for a candidate to repeatedly touch a voter and tell him to vote for someone else as soon as the voter asks a question. Nothing to see here! Joe is totally mentally stable.
redjohn

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 12:13:43 PM »

oh god who cares
redjohn

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2020, 04:15:57 PM »

If Biden isn't victorious in this campaign, as I expect to be the case, I hope he doesn't embarrass himself too much in these last months of his political career. Obviously I don't think he'll go down without some sort of fight but his campaign will enter a stage of desperation if he does poorly in NH.
redjohn

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 11:23:56 AM »

Coming in THIRD would be a comeback? Yikes. That's not a comeback. It reminds me of the media obsessing over Rubio's rise despite Trump becoming the clear frontrunner in 2016.

Biden needs to come in second, which I wouldn't totally count out yet.
redjohn

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2020, 11:10:29 AM »

I'm actually very surprised he performed so horribly. I expected a bit of a bounce from last-minute efforts after IA, but jesus christ, 8%?

I thought there was a chance he could come in second here for a while. Fifth place is ridiculous for the supposedly strong candidate in the race. These first two contests have taken all the wind out of Biden's campaign. He needs to win NV. If he loses NV, his campaign is going to seriously consider ending.
redjohn

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2020, 11:56:04 PM »

His lead there is very much in jeopardy, but I think he's still a slight favorite at the moment.
redjohn

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2020, 12:03:54 PM »

Nobody cares about Biden's surrogates. Everyone knows he is an establishment figure; he's THE establishment figure, so I don't think surrogates really reinforce that message in a helpful way. He had great endorsements in IA and still did horribly. Same with NH.

It's Biden who needs to campaign better. He needs to figure out how to campaign better in the next week or it's 100% over.
redjohn

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2020, 01:25:14 PM »

Biden needs a win in NV. With how poorly he performed in IA and NH and his national collapse in polling, a second-place finish to Bernie isn't enough. He needs something to put energy back in his campaign, and a second-place finish won't do that.
redjohn

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2020, 01:32:47 PM »

Nobody cares about Biden's surrogates. Everyone knows he is an establishment figure; he's THE establishment figure, so I don't think surrogates really reinforce that message in a helpful way. He had great endorsements in IA and still did horribly. Same with NH.

It's Biden who needs to campaign better. He needs to figure out how to campaign better in the next week or it's 100% over.

So, you're basically saying it's over.

In my opinion, it is, but if he wins NV I think he still has a shot. It would give him some energy going into SC and would help him win there. But since he was leading by like a point in the last poll we got in NV over a month ago, I doubt he's leading now.
redjohn

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2020, 02:41:07 PM »

Biden has to attack Bloomberg tonight. He also has to have one of the best performances of his political career, or it's over. He needs a win in NV or he will almost literally be out of money. The stakes are really high for Joe.
redjohn

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2020, 03:08:17 PM »

Biden's anti-Bloomberg ads are good. I'm no Biden fan, but it's ridiculous that Bloomberg is replacing Biden as the "moderate" option. Mike is a con artist.
redjohn

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2020, 03:02:32 PM »

Watching Joe's slow and painful collapse has been brutal. The pain will just last longer if he wins SC and is inspired to stay in the race for at least another month. Give it a break, Joe. It's time to call it quits.
redjohn

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2020, 02:14:51 PM »

This was the plan all along. Biden was never going to lose SC, the party was just waiting for him to win to coalesce. They're uniting behind a deeply flawed candidate who is going senile. Big mistake.
redjohn

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2020, 11:56:28 PM »

Tomorrow might shape up to be a very good day for Joe. None of this was his own doing, of course. But I'll take fair endorsements of a candidate over DNC-rigging (looking at you, Hillary and DWS) any day. We'll see what the voters have to say. I feel disappointed that things aren't shaping up as well for Bernie, but the odds were always against him, even when it didn't seem like it.
redjohn

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2020, 10:19:35 PM »

I very much do not like Joe Biden, and I don't think he'd make a good President, but nonetheless I'm ready to support him after tonight. It's clear that Bernie probably won't win the primary, and we need to unify sooner than later.

I've been considering the idea of supporting Biden in the general for a few days, which is uncomfortable because he's not progressive and doesn't always appear to be mentally sound. But we have to keep our eyes on the prize. We have to remember the kids in cages, the deeply homophobic & transphobic judges being pushed through by Trump & his allies across the country, and the racist rigging of democracy all over. Donald Trump is a horrible man and a horrible President, and if supporting Biden is what it takes to get rid of him, so be it. Let's do this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies