PREFERENTIAL VOTING -VOTING CLOSED (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 08:46:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Voting Booth (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PREFERENTIAL VOTING -VOTING CLOSED (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PREFERENTIAL VOTING -VOTING CLOSED  (Read 13704 times)
Demrepdan

« on: April 02, 2004, 07:58:58 PM »
« edited: April 05, 2004, 07:03:57 PM by Forum Affairs Secretary Demrepdan »

Here is the official voting thread for PREFERENTIAL VOTING. First let me explain to ANY of you, exactaly WHAT Preferential voting is in case you don't understand.

Preferential voting is voting for the candidate you like most, down the the candidate you like least. So....instead of following the American tradition and voting for ONE person...like so:

I Vote for John Doe. (D)

Instead you would follow this procedure:

John Doe (D)
Jack Smith (R)
Frodo Baggins (I)
Mel Gibson (JC)

That is what your ballot would look like under preferential voting.....ASSUMING that you want John Doe to win....and if John Doe doesn't win then you're fine with Jack Smith...but the LAST person you want to win is Mel Gibson of the "Jesus Christ Party" thus you name him last.

Ok....everyone understand now?

Here are the rules of voting:
Vote YES or NO on preferential voting. Once you cast your vote....you cannot change it....because I have now explained what it is.....and there are NO other things to vote for like there was last time...which confused people. There is NO confusion now.

Now.....VOTE!

This thread will stay open from 8pm Friday EST......to 8pm Monday EDT.
Demrepdan

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2004, 03:27:17 AM »
« Edited: April 03, 2004, 03:28:32 AM by Forum Affairs Secretary Demrepdan »

Don't you love how this is in.....
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SCCCCCCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNN[/i] ??
Demrepdan

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 06:55:38 PM »

I vote NO...
Demrepdan

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 07:07:30 PM »
« Edited: April 05, 2004, 07:08:17 PM by Forum Affairs Secretary Demrepdan »

Final Vote:

FOR Preferential voting: 6

AGAINST Preferential voting: 14

70% of the people who voted....voted against it.....

I hearby declare with my abusive willed executive authority....that Preferential voting has PASSED....

Break out the champagne....and call up the strippers.....
Demrepdan

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 07:17:53 PM »

Final Vote:

I hearby declare with my abusive willed executive authority....that Preferential voting has PASSED....

I'm not sure if hughento was trying to vote YES or, like some of us, vocally abstaining.

Well hell.....I'll throw his vote in there too.....and yours as well......so thats 8 to 14....and I'll throw in some dead voters too like they did in Cook County in 1960. But it doesn't matter anymore...I say it passed so it did....you DARE question me?!!?!

I AM THE GREAT.....AND POWERFUL WIZARD OF THE FORUM.....pay no attention to that man behind the curtain......

No one will question me "enforcing" anything now.....
Demrepdan

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2004, 07:34:33 PM »

Final Vote:

I'm not sure if hughento was trying to vote YES or, like some of us, vocally abstaining.

Well hell.....I'll throw his vote in there too.....and yours as well......so thats 8 to 14....and I'll throw in some dead voters too like they did in Cook County in 1960. But it doesn't matter anymore...I say it passed so it did....you DARE question me?!!?!

I AM THE GREAT.....AND POWERFUL WIZARD OF THE FORUM.....pay no attention to that man behind the curtain......

No one will question me "enforcing" anything now.....
Now, I would hope that you will cease this sarcasm and declare the appropriate result.

hmmph....fine......ya big stick in the mud.....I'll declare the results.....*cough*.........*pulls out piece of paper*.....By the circuit court in this year 2004 on the day of......uuhh.....skip skip skip....the Atlas Forum.....blah blah....the procedure of preferential voting....has been defeated....in the 54th vote we've had on this matter....thank you...and good day. *wads up piece of paper and throws it away*
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies