Nelson's coattails
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 05:35:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Nelson's coattails
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nelson's coattails  (Read 757 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 25, 2006, 11:33:36 PM »

Since it's pretty clear now that Bill Nelson could easily pull off a 2:1 victory, his coattails might be a factor. So:

1-Could this swing the governor's race?
2-Could this result in any House upsets a la Phil Crane?
Galactic Overlord

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 06:40:28 PM »
« Edited: May 26, 2006, 06:44:32 PM by Galactic Overlord »

Since it's pretty clear now that Bill Nelson could easily pull off a 2:1 victory, his coattails might be a factor. So:

1-Could this swing the governor's race?
2-Could this result in any House upsets a la Phil Crane?

Clay Shaw is the only House Republican I know of that is in a competitive race (and that is only by the fundraising, not by any polls, so I can't even tell how competitive it actually is).  I can't think of any other Republican incumbent that is any trouble.  Now, if we talk open seats, Republicans have two of them, so if Nelson does have any coattails, it will probably show up there.

Floridans seem to split their tickets somewhat, so it may or it may not be enough for Davis to win.  Florida voted for Nelson the first time fairly comfortably in 2000 even while deadlocking on Bush and Gore.  In 1988, Bush the elder won the state in a landslide, but Connie Mack barely squeaked to victory in the senate race.  And in 2004, Mel Martinez ran three points behind Bush in his senate race.
Soaring Eagle

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 06:44:06 PM »

I think if the Governor's race ends up being as close as recent polls have indicated, he could pull Davis to victory. Harris is also a joke of a candidate that hurts the GOP overall.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies