***Politburo Elections*** Labor Party Fall 2013 Convention! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:37:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ***Politburo Elections*** Labor Party Fall 2013 Convention! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ***Politburo Elections*** Labor Party Fall 2013 Convention!  (Read 11600 times)
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« on: October 06, 2013, 01:23:06 AM »

Oh and Snowstalker, I want you to know that I remember you voting against me for the Labor Party endorsement for Northeast Governor after I voted for you in every one of your miserable campaigns for anything. Just sayin.

*snaps fingers*

Oh no he didn't! Tongue
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 09:10:06 AM »

So snowstalker, who would your vp be?

A federalist ticket supported by the labor party, well Tongue.

If either of those happen, I'm sorry, I'll have to go to the Progressives. Especially the latter.
We are always happy to take new members.

This Party has weathered turbulent times before and I am confident we will successfully do so again. Our common bond that pursues a radical homosexual agenda in conjunction with our differences is what has made us so strong in the first place.

I'd also like to point out - since nobody ever bothers to read our by-laws - that Snowstalker by default will receive the endorsement of the Labor Party, unless another Labor candidate runs for President. We had an issue in February with a possible coup, and as such, the by-laws were amended to ensure that effectively only a Labor/Labor or Labor/Non-Labor ticket could receive the endorsement (unless no Laborites ran for President).

DemPGH/Sirnick are two laborites I guess?
DemPGH is an Independent.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 09:40:05 AM »

If either of those happen, I'm sorry, I'll have to go to the Progressives. Especially the latter.

There's nothing "progressive" about the Moderate Hero Union. Duke's candidacy represents an opportunity for Atlasians to unite around one leader in a way we haven't seen for some time.

Progressives to your left economically:
Myself
Siren
Scott
Oak Hills
Tiver
Superique
Butafly
GAWorth
Yeahsayyeah
Kashifsikhan

Progressives to your left socially:
Myself
Scott
Tiver
butafly
Yeahsayyeah
Marnetmar

A majority of progressives are economically to your left and a near-majority is socially to your left. Not to mention that the Federalist party candidate is to your left in both economics and social issues. I'd hold off on calling people not progressive enough when they're to your left on the spectrum.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 03:15:40 PM »

Haven't we moved on from name-calling?

You don't have to agree with the Progressive Union... but have the courtesy to address it by its proper name.

The "TNF is too mean!" Party?
I recently endorsed TNF because he has become less partisan recently and has made multiple public statements about his willingness to work with PRO. I'd advise you to do the same.

There's nothing "progressive" about the Moderate Hero Union. Duke's candidacy represents an opportunity for Atlasians to unite around one leader in a way we haven't seen for some time.

Progressives to your left economically:
Myself
Siren
Scott
Oak Hills
Tiver
Superique
Butafly
GAWorth
Yeahsayyeah
Kashifsikhan

Progressives to your left socially:
Myself
Scott
Tiver
butafly
Yeahsayyeah
Marnetmar

A majority of progressives are economically to your left and a near-majority is socially to your left. Not to mention that the Federalist party candidate is to your left in both economics and social issues. I'd hold off on calling people not progressive enough when they're to your left on the spectrum.

Yes, this would be a valid point if we pretend that one's positions on the "political spectrum" as determined by the Political Matrix test are in any way a meaningful indicator of progressivism.
So what is your definition of progressivism?
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 06:35:02 PM »

I have always stood by the Labor Party because I believe we are a different kind of party, fundamentally nothing like the "Progressive Union" or these other parties of the "left". Time and again Labor has shown itself to be the only party dedicated to real reform, the only party willing to stand up against those who will come out frothing at the mouth to denounce anyone fighting against the status quo.
But you registered as a Laborite a few days ago and the NMAM (I believe due to the political views of its members) is a leftist party that you have been registered since before I came into Atlasia..

Its clearly satire, she is mocking Labor.

But if she is, then why is she running for your party's nomination?
For the same reason she does everything in this game.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies