***Politburo Elections*** Labor Party Fall 2013 Convention! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 05:28:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ***Politburo Elections*** Labor Party Fall 2013 Convention! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ***Politburo Elections*** Labor Party Fall 2013 Convention!  (Read 11741 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: September 25, 2013, 12:59:38 AM »

x Snowguy716
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 01:03:02 AM »

Pre-emptive statement:  There is more talk of introducing an apparatus to the party to expel members for various reasons.

This has become a case of "just keep proposing it until it passes".

I don't care how popular such a policy is, or how hard you make it to actually expel members... a party is made up of its members.  Allowing top members of the party to have outsized influence on deciding who should or should not be a member of the party is a nonstarter for me.  Furthermore, any process for allowing expulsion of party members is a nonstarter for me.

I refuse to be a member of a party that believes it can expel a member for any reason.  Call it an ultimatum if you wish, but this debate has been had numerous times and it still keeps popping up.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 01:52:46 PM »

x Nathan

I'm with Snowguy on this as well. Party discipline is something I struggled with striking a balance on when I was Chairman but I've come to believe that no party should have a set mechanism for unceremoniously expelling people. It both sends the wrong message and is wrong in itself.

Nathan: Favors Ceremoniously Expelling People From Party -  As long as its ceremonious! Bring out the band!
Everybody deserves to exit with a little pomp and circumstance.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 02:40:22 PM »

1. Drj101
2. DemPGH/Sirnick
3. Dr. Cynic/Adam Griffin
4. Snowstalker
5. Fa la la la la, it's Christmas time
Pages: [1]  
Jump to: