The National Weekly Atlasian (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 08:31:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 172032 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2008, 08:45:06 PM »

Actually Mr. Que, Xahar admitted to hacking the RPP forum
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2008, 09:12:16 PM »

Well, this is tiresome. Xahar, as Attorney General, should just prosecute DWTL and the rest for "hate speech" or something, put 'em in Atlasian jail, and be done with it.
At this point, I have seen crazier things
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2008, 09:14:11 PM »

Official SDP policy:
Continue to pretend Xahar didn't do anything here, in fact pretend that he was never investigated for voter fraud, pretend the whole C&M thing didn't occur, pretend that he never hacked the RPP forum, etc.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2008, 09:41:48 PM »

I'm not speaking on behalf of the SDP here, I'm just speaking as a citizen of Atlasia, and all I'm saying is I'm not sure what we can accomplish by repeating ourselves and pointing figures without evidence.
Last time there was less evidence and Xahar admitted to it, hopefully he'll have the balls to admit it again
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2008, 06:58:19 PM »

Well, the Mr. Moderate "rumor" was really just me wishing Mr. Moderate would run Tongue

Andy Jackson would certainly generate support from the RPP and I assume from the JCP as well.  He was a great Lt. Gov. and actually did something with the position.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2008, 07:20:29 PM »

...and you kicked him out for an inactive one.
There really has not been a lot going on lately.  Perhaps threatening secession again is in order...
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2008, 08:53:26 PM »

Update?  I could use a good news story
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2008, 07:01:18 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: We at the National Weekly Atlasian apologize for not calling this one earlier, but with a projected 42% of votes in, we are projecting that Senator DWTL will win reelection.
Haha, I was waiting for that one Smiley, I think its probably a safer call than BaconKing
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2008, 06:07:24 PM »

So which call did you retract?  Myself, Al, Lief, or BaconKing?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2008, 02:59:16 PM »

Quote of the Month
by South Park Conservative

One day before the AG was caught red-handed hacking into Ben's account:
The Attorney General continues to retain my confidence.

Cheap and nasty.
Says the man who just called my governor a rapist...
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2008, 10:57:17 AM »

Dirty South Election Coverage
With only a few more voters left in play, here is where we stand:

Governor:
Gov. AHDuke99 (RPP-SC)                7          100%

Lt. Governor:
Lt. Gov. Daniel Adams (RPP-FL)       7          100%

Initatives:
Freedom of Currency Act PASSING 4-3
KoTBP Scholarship Act FAILING 4-3
Captial Relocation Act PASSING 4-3
Constitutional Convention PASSING 7-0

At this the time the National Weekly Atlasian projects that The Constitutional Convention plank will PASS  The other iniatives are way too close to call with 3 days remaining in the voting       
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2008, 03:05:15 PM »

I think the idea of 3 regions with each having a senator plus a council of governors of 7 at large seats is best.  The 7 at-large split into 4 and 3. With six month senate terms, the seats will be more in demand and harder to grab.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2008, 03:11:48 PM »

I think the idea of 3 regions with each having a senator plus a council of governors of 7 at large seats is best.  The 7 at-large split into 4 and 3. With six month senate terms, the seats will be more in demand and harder to grab.

The point of this article was the show that, even without reform, regional politics is on average more active than national politics, even if it warrants less attention.
Yeah, because most people feel at this point national politics is pointless as only the select few senators really have much say.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2008, 04:21:46 PM »

I applaud the pick of Franzl and plan to vote for his confimation ASAP.  Its important that Constine is convicted and convicted within the law
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2008, 07:25:19 PM »

I'm really starting to like the 3-3-4 setup
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2008, 09:41:38 AM »

Trondheim to Resign Senate Seat, Possibly as Early as Next Week
by DWTL

With the new senate approaching, PPT Lewis Trondheim (?-ND) has announced his plans to not seek re-election to the PPT post and possibly resign as early as next week.  He stated that if Sen. DWTL were to take over the post, he would resign immediatley.  Trondheim also indicated that DWTL was not the only senator that would make him come to this decision either.

Democratic Alliance Convention Begins

Looking a new centrist party, the Democratic Alliance has begun a founding convention.  Party founder Hashemite has set up an agenda for the convention which includes important issues such as party logos and flags.  While the party currently consists of only two elected officials and a leader who has never lead a party before, they hope to attract support for centrist causes.  They have already caught the eye of presumptive AG Franzl and Sen. AndrewCT.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2008, 01:58:21 PM »

While the party currently consists of only two elected officials and a leader who has never lead a party before, they hope to attract support for centrist causes.  They have already caught the eye of presumptive AG Franzl and Sen. AndrewCT.
False. I led the NRM a while back, which attracted a few members, including MasterJedi and Rocky. On another note, Franzl is already a party member.
Forgive me if I am not impressed by that party's "success"
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2008, 03:02:35 PM »

The question is not whether or not you're impressed or anything, it's that what you wrote is false. Regardless of what you personally think. That's all.
What I said wasn't false, what I implied by "never lead a party before" was actually lead it somewhere.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2008, 08:47:39 AM »

While the party currently consists of only two elected officials and a leader who has never lead a party before, they hope to attract support for centrist causes.

Just curious Senator but I would like to ask how much research did you do prior to writing this article regarding the Democratic Alliance? No disrespect to you, but I believe if you had actually done more then you would discover that the Democratic Alliance currently has more than two elected officials.
Yourself and Happy, who else?  Franzl as the AG isn't an elected position
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2008, 01:14:49 AM »

FTR, Ronnie is not in the Dirty South
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2008, 01:27:47 AM »

This is quickly turning into Atlasia's Fox News...
I think its sort of been that all along.  We also have our clueless leftist who we occasionally let speak Smiley
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2009, 09:52:24 PM »

Tomorrow Ushers in New Senate, New Ideas

Tomorrow, as with every odd numbered months first Friday, a new senate will convene.  However, this one looks like it may go down as one of the most fierecly divided, something that is nothing but a plus for Atlasia.  For the first time since the days of DWTL, TN2024, Keystone Phil, BrandonH, and Sam Spade serving together, the right of center will have 5 votes, as well as 3 reliably conservative RPP votes.  While everyone's favorite pointless international protocol adoptor, Jas, will be gone, newcomer SouthParkConservative looks to more than take up the slack.  The Senator-elect has come out swinging with plans to try and revoke over a dozen previous Atlasian laws passed under much more liberal senates.  What this senate will bring remains to be seen, but one thing is for certain, with senators like these it certainly isn't going to be mundane.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2009, 06:40:13 PM »

BREAKING NEWS
The jury has been selected in the Constine case and it is bound to get interesting.  Relatively uninteresting is the selection of Daniel Adams and BaconKing.  The other three are inactive Fmr. Lt. Gov. Andy Jackson, Asberger's poster child (sorry Moderate) Gporter, and flip-floppin Josh, who has not voted in a few elections.  This insane trial has just become madder
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2009, 10:28:25 AM »

I think we're content with letting the RPP rule over Southeast. We're competitive in every other region.
The Mideast is suddenly becoming battleground city
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2009, 06:17:05 PM »

I don't think party affiliation matter a whole much, either.

Party affiliation does not matter in Atlasia, its rather the candidate rather than the party, at least that's what I have gathered from my experience in Atlasia. However, there is, of course an exception: the Pacific and the JCP.
I'd say most are willing to concede that the RPP has a stranglehold on the Dirty South.  The Mideast is far and away the most competitive region with the Northeast and Midwest distance seconds
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies