"Who Are You?" The Uselectionatlas.org Survey! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 02:39:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  "Who Are You?" The Uselectionatlas.org Survey! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Who Are You?" The Uselectionatlas.org Survey!  (Read 37658 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« on: December 24, 2003, 04:54:05 AM »

1. What's your name? Eric
2. Where do you live? Marquette, MI
3. What's your political affiliation (Rep, Dem, Ind)? Democrat
4. Who's your favourite President of all-time? Franklin Roosevelt
5. Who's your favourite international leader of all-time? Jean Chretien
6. How did you get interested in politics? From my father, I remember watching the debates with him in 1984 at age 5 and I was hooked.
7. How did you discover this forum? I was an avid reader of Dave's site when the original forum was first created. I originally found the site through Google.
8. What do you like most about it? Intellectual interactions with intelligent people.
9. What are your other interests, apart from politics? Sports, especially soccer, ice hockey, and american football, reading, the outdoors, 80s music (especially New Wave), the Dave Matthews Band, Seinfeld, computer adventure games, interactive fiction, spending time with and talking to my best friends and girlfriend.
10. What's your favourite movie? Hmm, hard one. I love the Matrix and Lord of the Rings series among current stuff. Also like a lot of old classics.
11. What's your favourite song? Again, impossible to pick one. Just about anything by the Dave Matthews Band or the Police could be near the top, although I love the classic bands too like the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, etc.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 01:17:28 AM »
« Edited: April 14, 2004, 03:46:51 AM by Nym90 »

Huckleberry Finn--

The city manager of the city in which I live has the last name Korhonen!

Of course, this area (Upper Peninsula of Michigan) has one of the highest concentrations of Finns in the country. We even have a Finnish language television show on Sunday mornings on the local television station in Marquette, MI.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 09:44:41 AM »

MODU, that's awesome that you mentioned the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. That event happened only about a hundred miles or so from here and the song is very popular in these parts as a result.

Most people don't realize how severe storms can get on Lake Superior; it really is a miniature ocean in a lot of ways.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 11:15:19 PM »

1. What's your name? - Eric Nyman
2. Where do you live? -  Marquette, MI
3. What's your political affiliation (Rep, Dem, Ind)? - Dem
4. Who's your favourite President of all-time? - Franklin Roosevelt
5. Who's your favourite international leader of all-time? - Winston Churchill
6. How did you get interested in politics? - I've always been for as long as I can remember; seriously. I remember watching the 1984 eleciton returns at age 5 and being extremely interested in it at that time.
7. How did you discover this forum? - Search engine, though that was in 1999 so I'm not sure which one
8. What do you like most about it? - Great discussion, overall partisan balance
9. What are your other interests, apart from politics? - Sports, adventure games, interactive fiction, the outdoors, my cottage.
10. What's your favourite movie? - The Godfather trilogy
11. What's your favourite song? - So many to choose from. I can't pick one.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 11:36:11 PM »

MODU, that's awesome that you mentioned the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. That event happened only about a hundred miles or so from here and the song is very popular in these parts as a result.

Most people don't realize how severe storms can get on Lake Superior; it really is a miniature ocean in a lot of ways.

Yup.  Most people (even those who know of the commercial sailing industry) don't realize that there are special licenses required top-side for those who actually navigate through those waters due to their conditions.  Definitely a unique body of water.  Fortunately, I've never lost anyone up there, which is wierd since that body of water has the higher level of risk for commercial shippers than the Atlantic and Pacific.  Gordon wrote one hell of a tribute for them.

You've sailed on Superior? Awesome. Have you ever been to Marquette?
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 11:12:15 PM »

You've sailed on Superior? Awesome. Have you ever been to Marquette?

I've been to Superior, but never sailed on it.  I have a few friends who do, though primarily on tug/barge combo's.  Most of my sailing was restricted to the open oceans.  Smiley  I don't recall if I've been to Marquette.  I'll have to go back and research that one.  I have pictures of my friends archeological dig at Mackinaw Island though.  Does that count?  hahaha

No, it doesn't count because you didn't spell Mackinac correctly. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies